Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for every one, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
As the company has been expanding at a fast pace, we are facing challenges to overcome in order to transform the company into a more efficient and result-driven organization. This requires our finance team to act as a cohesion point to drive cross-functional alignment on the planning and execution of company’s key initiatives. In that regard, we’re looking for a top Finance talent who is motivated, flexible, and resilient so as to become a change agent for our company’s next chapter. We believe that this is your opportunity to prove yourself and get rewarded with the success of the company.
About the Job
Finance Manager will handle the core accounting responsibilities at Malwarebytes. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
As Accounting Manager for International, you will play a vital role in supporting and delivering these objectives. You will be responsible for the financial reporting of revenue and expenses of a portfolio of entities. You will have the opportunity to part take in global and cross-functional projects. As a well-rounded financial advisor you will guide the business to mitigate risk, optimize resource allocation and help build the financial infrastructure to scale the business.
What You’ll Do:
Be responsible for overseeing the annual statutory financial statements process, including management of the external audit and tax compliance for a portfolio of International entitites.
Perform regular in-depth analysis on the financials, ensuring the integrity and financial accuracy of our books and records.
Manage the delivery of accounting processes performed by external vendors ensuring that all service levels are met, the internal control environment is robust and a quality service is provided.
Develop in-depth knowledge of tools and applications in support of the accounting function and highlight opportunities for improvement, managing projects that will yield efficiency through automation, optimisation and outsourcing.
Responsibilities will vary, but examples include:
- Monitoring ongoing financial operations within a company, such as payroll, invoicing, cash flow and other transactions.
- Overseeing employees within the finance department, including accountants.
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance and identifying areas for potential improvement.
- Ascertaining methods for minimising financial risk to the company.
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations.
- Ensuring Company Secretarial compliance with applicable laws and procedures.
- Contracting outside services for tax, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial services.
- Deliver monthly management reporting of consolidated P&L and balance sheet of the highest quality, including variance and flux analyses.
- Month end process – preparing standard journal entries and Balance sheet reconciliations and ownership of month end close.
- Management and co-ordination of audits for multiple subsidiaries and liaising with International Finance Director in respect of preparation of annual statutory accounts.
- Become an expert in technical accounting issues facing the team and assisting on implementation of new standards as required.
- The Finance Manager will be expected to develop and maintain proactive and trusting relationships with both internal and external shareholders.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Professional qualification: CIMA/ACA/ACCA.
- Experience in working on cross-functional, cross-team projects.
- Experience within a company dealing with varied European subsidiaries.
- Technical accounting or Tax Compliance experience.
- A solid understanding of audit, accounting principles, including US GAAP and related international accounting standards , ASC 606 and 842.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise tasks and deadlines.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience managing multiple projects with competing schedules.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Rational thinker: good business judgement even under stressful engagements.
- Strong process and controls orientation – ability to review and improve systems and procedures where required.
- Knowledge of Netsuite / Blackline or similar ERP system.
- Excellent MS office skills, particularly Excel skills (pivot, v-lookup tables), Word and PowerPoint essential.
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world.
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical coverage.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Wellness programs.
- Stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, fruit, and lunch options (when it’s safe again!).