About the role and about You:
As part of our continued growth, we seek to hire a Senior Firmware Engineer to join our Hardware team, Connected Products. This is a newly created position where the chosen person will specialise in writing embedded code and managing code quality, with the skills and experience to manage multiple projects autonomously. The ideal person will have experience in the area of motor control.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, test and maintain motor control firmware (including sensorless schemes) and associated embedded software
- Conduct code reviews and provide advice / feedback, identify opportunities for improvement
- Capture and interpret requirements, generating clear engineering specifications and proposals
- Work with Program Management colleagues to accurately plan and manage timing/deliverables
- Support safety studies and develop control strategies/user interfaces
- Responsible for defining appropriate coding practices and ensuring these have been adhered to by all software engineers in all software releases
- Demonstrate that software is robust and fit for purpose by planning and implementing verification tests
- Assist colleagues, customers and suppliers with troubleshooting code, in the field or remotely, as required
- Collaborate with engineering and operational colleagues to deliver motor drive systems meeting product requirements
- Managing contractors where needed
What you’ll have
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent numerate discipline.
- Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Experience writing embedded software as a senior developer.
- Experience writing embedded software using C/C++ and associated toolchains.
- Experience managing code quality for a team.
- Experience working with external services and managing them.
- Knowledge of source code control and issue tracking systems e.g. GitHub and JIRA
- Experience of writing embedded code for Motor Control
- Experience of model-based code development using MATLAB Simulink
- Experience of working in the fitness hardware industry
- Experience of mentoring colleagues
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All