About the role and about You:
We are looking for a Distinguished Engineer to join our Product Engineering team!
The charter for this role will be to ensure we are building outstanding technology for our MMO-style fitness game. You are a technical leader that has a technical understanding of client/server game technology, low-level engine expertise, and strong architectural coding practices. You are capable of mentoring other leaders across Product Engineering. This group consists of technology that powers our game, mobile, and web experiences for our gaming platform. While a large part of this role is focused on strategy and growth, you will also need to be tactical and capable of getting into code when needed. This role reports directly to the VP of Product Engineering, without people-management duties.
What you’ll do:
- Accountable for the overall quality of technical development across the Product Engineering group.
- Resolve technical needs and deliver detailed technical plans to partners and fellow engineers.
- Mentor other engineers, especially technical leaders, through technical discussions, presentations, pair programming, code reviews, among other avenues.
- Accountable for identifying technical risks across the group and building mitigation plans.
- Work cross-functionally with all leadership to achieve the Product group’s outcomes.
What we’re looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science and/or relevant technical area.
- 10+ years of game development experience.
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience.
- Strong mentor and able to coach other technical leaders and senior engineers.
- Expertise in C++.
- Expertise in multiplayer gameplay, game engineers, multi-threading, memory management, and profiling.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Strong production troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working on an MMO.
- Experience shipping cross-platform games, especially: iOS, tvOS, Android, Mac, and PC.
- Experience with LiveOps.
- Interest in crafting fun experiences around cycling, running, and overall fitness.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All