About the role and about You:
We are seeking a People Operations Senior Manager who will report to Zwift’s VP, Total Rewards, Systems, Operations, & Analytics to assist us in developing this function from the ground-up. This role will be responsible for ensuring that the people team operates effectively and efficiently through world-class technology, thoughtful processes, and highly capable resources to deliver an exceptional employee experience.
At the heart of the People function lives People Operations. You are a force-multiplier who enables all other People functions to capitalize on centralized standards and resources that support the smooth operation of the People team and Zwift as a business. You are extremely process-driven, detail-obsessed, and employee experience-focused. You have experience building from scratch and continuously improving upon what has already been built. You hold yourself and others on your team to a very high standard of delivery, and you value partnership and stakeholder engagement along the way. You are familiar with best practices in the People function and can turn those concepts into our standards. You have a desire to grow and develop highly capable and skilled team members.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll be personally responsible for several of these key responsibilities and will partner with other People Team members to ensure the delivery of all of these items.
- Help define the People Operations service catalog and delivery model.
- Identify areas for improvement and develop a roadmap that supports continuous improvement.
- Partner with People Leadership to ensure support and delivery standards accelerate the team’s ability to deliver upon its strategic priorities.
- Manage employee and people team inquiries and resolve to completion.
- Minimize manual transactions and automate processes while improving the company’s knowledge-based People-related policies and practices, resulting in the improvement of self-service capabilities.
- Own the onboarding and offboarding operational processes.
- Responsible for developing and delivering exceptionally high data quality standards.
- Conduct periodic data audits and reviews of processes to continuously improve the quality of data.
- Ensure full compliance with all data standards globally.
Global Mobility & Immigration:
- Develop and deliver our first global mobility program.
- Manager immigration cases in partnership with People Business Partners and external immigration resources
- Serve as the central point of contact for all employee relations issues.
- Develop and maintain processes to address performance improvement as well as any other employee-related issues.
- Develop a team of highly capable People professionals.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the team while serving as a liaison to other People team leaders.
What You’ll Need:
- Proven history of successfully building and operating a People Operations function.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to deliver highly complex programs in very expedited timeframes.
- Attention to detail with quick execution. We need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Strategic and agile mindset where you can see the “big picture”, devise scalable solutions, and anticipate obstacles and roadblocks.
- Strong problem solving skills and business acumen. There is a lot of work ahead and we need someone who excels at building something from nothing, but is strategic and knows how to scale.
- Analytical mindset with proven experience using data and data-driven insights to support decisions.
- Solid understanding of local, regional, and global People practices. Clear understanding of key legal challenges facing different regional jurisdictions.
- Strong ability to partner with other People functions to deliver cross-functional deliverables.
- Deep partnerships with business managers and leaders to support and consult on employee relations issues.
- Understanding of change management strategies – enables others to learn and thrive from the solutions you create.
- Workday experience is a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills & high EQ.
- About 7+ years of people operations experience with fast paced, growing tech companies. Additional experience in team management is desired.
- A reputation of unquestionable integrity.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All