Who we are:
We are a fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the gorgeous beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve. Sounds exciting?
The Zwift server platforms run on heterogeneous and distributed cluster stacks composed of several different layers and nodes that require a number of different technologies that run 24/7 for the international user community. We are constantly modifying the software, adding and improving features and making changes to accommodate the increased load that comes with the steady growth of our successful business. All changes must happen with no disruption to the service; this requires a detailed monitoring platform, a great level of automation in tests (functional, load and performance, etc), release deployment orchestration. Zwift’s continuous growth requires us to form a dedicated team of Technical Operations, Cloud and SRE specialists to monitor, improve and maintain the platform on a continuous basis.
Who we are seeking:
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will be working together with a high performance team to improve and maintain the tools that supervise, maintain, provision, setup, configure and deploy the different stacks, layers and nodes of the Zwift Server Platforms. You will work with the Cloud Team Lead. We're looking for highly motivated engineers with a passion for technology and phenomenal problem solving abilities.
What you will do:
- Develop state-of-the art tools and services around containers, CI/CD, deployment, monitoring and more
- Drive the company-wide adoption of the cloud platform products of your team
- Act as tutor for cloud technologies for other engineering teams
- Solve hard problems in a distributed system serving millions of customers
- Share your knowledge in blog posts and at meetups and conferences
What We Are Looking For:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area.
- 7+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, SRE or Cloud Engineer;
- Advanced knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms, and overall Software Design;
- In-depth knowledge of Cloud providers and their services and their APIs (preferably AWS);
- Strong solid understanding with Docker and Linux (preferably Kubernetes experience);
- Proficiency in modern programming languages - preferably Java, Go Lang;
- Passion for Monitoring and observability;
- Experience with TDD and Continuous Integration & Delivery;
- Knowledge about network security and IT Administration;
- Experience working on Distributed Systems;
- Experience with cloud configuration tools like Terraform and Cloudformation;
- Large experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting and higher level scripting languages such as Bash or Python;
- Good understanding of cryptography concepts and OpenSSL usage;
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL Database setup, configuration and monitoring (Such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.);
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Availability to travel.
- Enthusiasm for cycling;
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area. Alternatively, 10+ years of professional experience;
- CKA or CKAD certification;
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
Top reasons we think you’ll love it here:
- Phenomenal Employee Fitness Program… earn a bike!
- Awesome team of hardworking individuals that love what they do
- Did we mention that we ride bikes and run at work?
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All