About the role and about You:
We are seeking a Lead Planner (UK) to support the company’s global planning and purchasing strategy that enables a premier launch of new products with daring time to market targets. The qualified individual will be responsible for tracking ongoing statuses and costs for sourcing, BOM, and tooling development as well as providing operations schedules at program team meetings.
This key contributor will be the go-to individual for all raw material statuses. Working in conjunction with Operations Management and program team members, the Lead NPI Planner is responsible for issuing supplier purchase orders, tracking delivery schedules, and ensuring timely delivery of materials needed for each phase of NPI launch and initial Mass Production delivery.
In this role, you are the focal point between Engineering, Product teams, Program Managers, Global Sourcing Managers (GSM), Contract Manufacturers (CM) Material Managers and CM Sourcing teams to ensure NPI material readiness in a rapidly changing and high growth environment. We value the ability to collaborate, learn and provide the freedom necessary for each person to do their work, with the expectation that we will get high performance in return.
What you'll do:
New Product Materials Readiness
- Facilitates material readiness meetings with GSMs and other key partners to ensure that we understand suppliers, supplier location, part numbers, sourcing strategies, lead-times, etc.
- Consolidates the data, places orders and/or ensures that the CM has information in time for order placement.
- Works closely with GSM and key stakeholders to define and implement any specific supply chain strategies associated with this new product.
- Works closely with Suppliers & CM to develop and execute process, material control systems and visibility. Reviews materials metrics for consistency and provides consolidated information to management.
CTB (Clear to Build)
- Manages the CTB process with Suppliers, ensures that the process is working smoothly and that we have clear visibility on issues & risks.
- Works with Suppliers, CM and the GSMs on all identified material issues until issues get closed/resolved.
- Establishes and monitors processes that will ensure timely and accurate creation of BOM and required design documentation to support revisions/deviations.
- Leads on-time delivery of NPI Materials for all builds from prototype through launch.
- Coordinate with the GSM and Logistics group to identify, document, and communicate logistics flow for critical and long lead custom components and sophisticated supply chains.
- Ensure the smooth flow of materials vital to meet production schedules.
- Works with Planning and GSM team to define and document supplier splits, facilitates supply availability while maximizing profitability.
- Ensures team is executing to sourcing plan and proper supplier split.
- Product cost management, targeting, tracking, and presentation from concept to Launch. Highlight cost saving, avoidance, and reduction opportunities by working with Product Management, Engineering and GSMs from prototype through launch.
- Perform trade off analysis, present options and their impact on product cost to executive management.
- Ensure BOM and costing information are always up to date.
What you'll have:
- 5+ years’ experience in Product Development Procurement support working with Global Suppliers and Tier 1 Contract Manufacturers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Manufacturing, Engineering or related subject area
- Must have proven experience working with virtual/remote teams.
- Must be flexible with work schedule to accommodate distributed team interface.
- Excellent skills using Microsoft project, Power Point, Excel, and Word
- Excellent presentation and social skills
- NetSuite ERP experience a plus
- Sourcing experience a plus
- Consumer Electronics manufacturing-based experience a plus
- Your data is organized, accurate and drives critical business decisions.
- Your peers seek you for mentorship because you think through every detail.
- You possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and demonstrate self-motivation to resolve appropriate planning, inventory, and supplier strategies.
- You are outstanding in presenting cross-functionally, and you understand how your work impacts other functions.
- You deliver results because you empathise with others’ needs and build win/win outcomes.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All