We are looking for an experienced Cloud Native Test Automation Engineer with a strong desire to learn and innovate – you challenge the status quo, and you are eager to develop new skills to help Nexthink stay on the leading edge of the Digital Employee Experience. The candidate should be heavily motivated by both the product and technology stack. This is a unique opportunity to design, build, and operate distributed systems at scale.
Inside the Nexthink Engineering department, the team you are joining is called Dashiki – you will work on real-time dashboards, a core platform component that combines custom data retrieval leveraging NQL (an event query language optimized for analytics) to state-of-the-art data visualization. The goal of this team is to build the next generation dashboarding functionality that is going to be leveraged by the whole Nexthink Cloud Platform, using a cloud native, open-source stack based on a microservices architecture.
Nexthink’s mission is to delight people at work and your contributions will impact the work-life of millions of workers. As a Cloud Native Test Automation Engineer at Nexthink, we expect you to ensure that the delivered software is of the highest quality, fulfilling both functional and non-functional requirements. Your testing experience and mindset will play a crucial role to the overall stability and success of the Nexthink platform at large.
You are highly motivated, result driven, and detail oriented. You have a high sense of product ownership, constantly learning and enhancing your skills and understanding of computer science. You are familiar with the concepts described in the Reactive Manifesto, and terms such as CAP theorem, consensus protocols, strong vs eventual consistency, backpressure, bulkheading, circuit breaker, split-brain, and event-sourcing are your bread and butter. You are pragmatic, open to feedback, accountable, and a team player.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of an extremely dynamic, Silicon Valley like, unicorn company. We look forward to meeting you!
- Manage and improve the testing automation setup, i.e., docker images, automation scripts, Kubernetes setup.
- Participate in the definition of each feature, making sure we always start with a clear set of acceptance criteria that leads to a concise test plan
- Improve the test suites and framework for unit, integration, functional, end-to-end, and stress testing.
- Expand our scope of test automation to cover performance, load, security, etc.
- Collaborate closely with the delivery team on our CI/CD projects
- Handle L3 support requests (together with the rest of the team)
- Contribute to the overall product’s architecture and design
- Participate actively in the technology roadmap
- Work with the agile iterative/incremental mindset and best practices and participate actively to the different ceremonials