We are seeking an experienced Financial Controller to establish and oversee all of our US accounting operations, financial reporting, budgeting, and state and local tax compliance. Working largely independently, and communicating with a shared service centre, you will be expected to report directly to the group finance team based in the UK.
What you'll be doing
- Month and Year End Accounting closes
- Year-End Audit Process
- Financial Reporting
- Analyse costs and profits for US operations
- Account Reconciliations
- Monthly Sales and Use Tax Filings for Multiple States and Locations
- Annual Property Tax Filing
- Oversee Payroll Cycles
- Budgeting and Forecasting in conjunction with Group FP&A Manager
- Document, monitor and update accounting policies
- Financial Statements projection and analysis
- Improve and update accounting processes
- The group reports its financial statements under IFRS, therefore IFRS knowledge is desirable but not essential.
Who you are
- Experience as a Controller or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and legislation
- Hands-on experience with general ledger accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Good knowledge of accounting software
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- You are self-motivated and organised, able to prioritise well in a fast-paced environment with changing demands and high standards when it comes to your work
- You remain positive, enthusiastic and solutions-focused in the face of challenge
- You’re a real team player and foster a supportive, positive work environment for your team and the wider business
What we're offering
- The opportunity to join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- 401k plan, healthcare and dental benefits
- 25 holiday days pro rata and a day off for your birthday
- Inspiring, motivated and supportive team
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (Skyscanner, Matches Fashion).
This role comes at an exciting time for LoveCrafts, based in Massachusetts you’ll be a part of the wonderful WEBS team. WEBS, also known as America’s yarn store and the largest online knitting, crochet and weaving business, became part of the LoveCrafts family in December 2020. The acquisition of the successful family-run business was a pivotal moment for the LoveCrafts Group as it becomes the market leader in North America in needlecraft. Combining LoveCrafts’ strong tech platform and global community with WEBS’ talent and industry expertise, positions the company to rapidly grow its global community of makers.
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Diversity is important at LoveCrafts. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our customers and their needs. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We aim to create a modern, flexible work environment that supports everyone to do their best work and therefore, we are open to having conversations about flexible working for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have equal opportunity to grow and attain their full potential. Apply now