Here at Huel, our customers always come first. And as we grow, it is vital that we continue to deliver a world-class experience to our Hueligans all over the world. Being primarily an e-commerce business, our engineering team is crucial to our online success.
Our team handles millions of requests every week and ensures our Hueligans in countries all over the world have an exceptional online experience. Sounds good, right?
Well if you like a challenge, are comfortable building applications in modern web technologies and are eager to learn, come and be a part of it. We're now looking for a Frontend Developer to join the team in Digbeth, Birmingham.
Grow as we grow
First and foremost, we don’t expect everyone to know everything. We are just keen for individuals who are enthusiastic to learn, work hard and are real team players. We're a rocket ship here at Huel, meaning you have every opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge in areas you are passionate about, whether that is something you’re already interested in or something new.
We’ll get you up to speed on:
- Automated testing
- Native web components and sharing them between libraries/frameworks
- Project architecture
Your day to day
Apart from the table tennis tournaments and after work social activities in our wonderful city, the day-to-day life as an Engineer at Huel looks like:
- Building and maintaining components for our UI Kit that are shared between multiple frontend projects
- Creating new features/softwares for customers and internal systems
- Rebuilding legacy areas of the website into new React versions
- Contributing to processes improvements during sprint retros
- Planning projects with other frontend engineers / PMs / backend team
- Learning new tech/libraries/frameworks that we feel can add value to our stack (dedicated time is given for courses fon new tech if needed)
- Reviewing other team members PRs
- Embracing any challenge that is being thrown your way and be passionate about what you build following UI/UX guidelines.
- Suggesting improvements or changes to any of the website or app components and areas
- Being part of a positive team-driven environment in a new office, situated close to the city centre, with the option to work from home a couple of days a week
- Good understanding of Responsive Web Design
- Experience with using git for version control
- Working knowledge of React or similar (Vue/Angular/Svelte)
- Ability to consume external APIs
- Good understanding of modern JS (ES6+)
Perks of the job
We work hard at Huel, and we like to reward our team for it, so alongside free unlimited Huel to keep you going, you can expect;
- Continuous learning - you’ll be sitting within a team of industry leading experts, bouncing ideas off each other in morning stand ups or over your morning coffee while also sitting down and getting hands-on training. Learning never stops! Plus, we dedicate 1 day every 2 weeks to exploring new technologies so you will always be at the top of your game
- Make an impact - we’re not hierarchical at Huel and we want to hear your ideas. From Junior to Head Of, everyone's ideas are valued and welcomed. We are one team!
- Flexible working with options to suit your day and your routine
- Share options in the company - you own a piece of the pie
- Private healthcare and pension schemes, for your own peace of mind
- Like going to the gym? No problem, we have a free gym and we will give you your own nutrition plan to help you achieve those goals
- Quarterly events to celebrate success, and even the opportunity to bring your dog into the office too! Did we mention we love animals?
- Highspec Alienware laptop