We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Technical team as we continue on our journey as one of the fastest-growing food and drinks brands. We are looking for a Packaging Technical Manager who will be responsible for sourcing and approving packaging for both food, clothing & apparel. Based at Huel HQ in Tring, Hertfordshire, with UK and International travel to meet suppliers.
What were you’ll be doing:
- Defining & developing a sustainable packaging strategy for all Huel Products in collaboration with our sustainability team.
- Managing the implementation of Packaging Scheme Compliance in EU/US & Asian markets
- Setting the packaging technical requirements & undertaking the approval of suppliers & packaging materials on a global basis.
- Driving the innovation agenda for sustainable packaging with a particular emphasis on achieving low carbon, circular packaging solutions
- Developing testing procedures for packaging ensuring specification & legal conformance.
- Managing the packaging supplier approval procedure, including undertaking audits.
- Supporting the product development and the procurement teams through advising on the suitability of different packaging options to meet overall product lifecycle needs such as product protection, sustainability, customer appeal, integrity through distribution and storage.
- Building strong relationships with suppliers, industry & sector bodies.
- Setting and monitoring adherence to quality standards, being able to effectively resolve any issues with suppliers in a professional and efficient manner.
- Being the Huel packaging expert.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment as part of a team
- Proven experience in a packaging role in an FMCG company (food, drinks, retail, non-food, clothing)
- Detailed knowledge of a range of existing and emerging packaging materials
- In depth knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements, recycling and waste management sector, ideally on a global level
- A passion for sustainability and a creative approach to working in the evolving world of packaging & recycling with proven track record in delivering sustainable innovation
- Strong project management skills.
- A positive, energetic and can-do attitude and an appetite to get stuck into a variety of projects at once
- Great negotiating and influencing skills
- Personable and able to build strong relationships
What we can offer you!
- A great team atmosphere with a growth mindset
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- Free use of our on-site gym
- Free Huel (of course!)