Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for every one, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
We are looking to expand our team by hiring a passionate Threat Intelligence Researcher to complement our existing roster. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who can bring their skill set and experience to solve problems with creativity. If you enjoy analyzing and monitoring cybercrime malware families then this is the right job for you.
Remote candidates accepted.
What You’ll Do:
- Track spam campaigns to produce intelligence including extracting indicators and TTPs.
- Monitor cyber-crime landscape to identify new malware families as well as changes to existing malware families.
- Hunting different threats including malicious documents, scripts and executables.
- Writing/updating YARA repository to improve hunting capabilities.
- Produce high quality technical reports/blogs on cyber-crime activities.
- Perform static and dynamic analysis of threats.
- Research new methods to improve malware analysis procedures/systems.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Have solid static and dynamic malware analysis skills:
- Experience using disassemblers, decompilers and debuggers
- Experience analyzing malicious documents and obfuscated scripts
- Experience unpacking samples and reconstructing code logic
- Experience analyzing shellcodes
- Understanding of Windows OS internals
- Experience writing YARA rules
- Familiar with using MITRE ATT&CK
- Have strong knowledge of cyber-crime malware families and groups
- Able to perform OSINT research to identify targets
- Familiar with C2 communication traffic typically used by Botnets
- Familiar with most common and exploited CVEs
- Excellent writing skills
- Willingness to present at top tier security conferences
Nice Skills to Have:
- Formal intelligence training
- Familiar with underground forums
- Capable of automating tasks with Python scripting
- Knowledge of Russian or Chinese language
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- 401k + company match
- Open Time Off Policy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs