Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 80 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
We are looking for a midlevel and 2 senior engineers on this one!
On the web, WeTransfer solves a problem straightforwardly and elegantly. Big files aren't a big deal on mobile, so we decided to do something different within the realm of WeTransfer, which is all about sharing creative work. We enable people to collect the content that's on their phones and share them. Most apps operate in silos: your videos are on YouTube, images on Pinterest, music on Spotify, etc. We believe great things happen when these are combined and that's what our new product does: it allows you to make mixed media boards with anything that's on your phone.
Our stack is composed of Kotlin, Firebase, and the latest Jetpack Compose.
What you'll be working on
- You will be working on an app that has a user base of millions.
- You will have the opportunity to build and grow the Android team. As we're shifting more towards the mobile platform, the team will grow.
- Android is a unique platform and we want to create an app that leverages its possibilities. Together with designers you'll work on building an experience that suits the platform. Not a copy of the iOS app.
- You’ll be part of a multidisciplinary product team that includes designers and other developers.
Qualities we're looking for
- Understands what our users like, and believe in our ethos of keeping things simple
- Value open communication and good teamwork to achieve a shared vision
- Looking for proactivity in spotting problem areas and proposing ideas for improvements
- Experience in building Android apps
- Knows the capabilities of the platform inside-out
- Comfortable communicating in written English
- Has code in the last few years and are comfortable showing during the interview
- Does not shy away from open-source work and open discussions on Github
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.