We are seeking a Sr Test Engineer who will drive the development of industry leading test processes and systems that will differentiate Zwift’s production capabilities in speed to market, scalability of our manufacturing capabilities, manufacturing process accuracy and product quality.
In this critical role, you will utilize your electrical engineering skills to review Product Requirements Documents (PRD) and propose comprehensive test plans that cover all phases of product development and mass production (EVT thru MP). Using strong analytical and problem-solving skills, the Sr Test Engineer will guide critical decision making for the organization. The ability to work effectively with multi-functional teams is extremely important.
The Sr Test Engineer will have outstanding technical skills to design, develop and implement all required test systems from ground up, and effective communications skills to coordinate with a cross-functional team to meet very daring performance, cost and schedule goals. These communication skills will be critical when partnering with outside resources for design, prototyping, and construction of Automated Test Equipment (ATE) for electronic subassemblies and finished goods.
We want someone to come in and roll up their sleeves and get results, so a hands-on Sr Test Engineer is a must. The Test Engineer will collaborate with internal project teams and external suppliers to ensure, performance, safety, and quality requirements are designed into every Test and Validation System introduced to production.
What you'll do:
- Cradle to grave ownership over test strategies, systems development, implementation, and ensuring coverage efficiency.
- Interpret Product Requirements and technical performance requirements to develop test strategies.
- Develop statement of work (SOW) for outsourced suppliers
- Work with outsourced supplier to develop systems diagrams, parts lists, wiring lists/diagrams, solving procedures, and user manuals/instructions.
- Ownership for the Design and production validation of automated test systems for PCBA and FG level systems.
- Work with outsourced suppliers to design electrical interface test adapters, test fixtures and cable assemblies.
- Develop automation software using LabVIEW for custom automated test systems; beginning at new product prototyping (EVT) phases for new design characterization, thru development (DVT) for production system development, and implementation of the production systems during the pilot phase (PVT) at the factory floor.
- Ownership of effective test systems implementation and sustained operation and performance throughout the product life cycle at supplier factory locations in China and Mexico; provide training to the factory technical staff, ensure continuous data collection and supervising through the implementation of Cpk analysis for all key parameters for real time and weekly review, refine control limits over the first six months of mass production and supervise ongoing trends, provide quick response ongoing sustaining technical support to prevent production line stoppage, and lead equipment calibration process.
- RMA support, review field returns related to electrical failures to screen for possible test escapes to improve test coverage and disposition for design, manufacturing, and supplier components
- Sustaining product support, review requests for alternate components for paper spec considerations and provide EE team with suggested considerations and input on risk
- Other support task as required from time to time
What we're looking for:
- Education: BSEE, BSEET or equivalent. (MSEE is a plus.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Test Engineering or a related field. (LED Lighting products, power supplies, and power conversion systems preferred)
- Project management experience using MS Projects a plus.
- Ability to generate electrical schematics, wire lists, bill of material and similar design documentation.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in developing automated test equipment (ATE)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in ATE software programming using LabVIEW
- Experience with programming in C, C++, Visual Basic, and test executive applications a plus.
- Experience using AC/DC power sources, electronic loads, hipot testers, power meters and general electrical lab test equipment such as DMMs, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience using and troubleshooting test equipment communication protocols such as GPIB (IEEE 488.2), RS-232, RS-485, and I2C.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Effectively presents ideas to peers, management and outside suppliers. (Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese speaker is a plus.)
- Must be self-motivated, organized and able to manage time effectively.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office tools such as Project, Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.