Alkemics is a B2B business platform enabling retailers to discover, negotiate and launch new products from their 1000+ suppliers.
With 98 out of the top 100 CPG manufacturers (Nestlé, Unilever), the 7 largest retailers in France (E. Leclerc, Carrefour, Casino, Auchan, U-Enseigne, Cora, Metro…) and 4 of the largest UK retailers (Tesco, Ocado, Waitrose, Sainsbury) using the platform, Alkemics now holds a very strong and unchallenged position in the French and UK market.
Alkemics disrupted the space with a fully digital platform where brands create and share their product catalog. Retailers can explore those catalogs and run business workflows, searches or reportings to select, negotiate and list those products in their assortment. Once a retailer is on-boarded, invites are sent to that retailer’s suppliers to join the platform on a freemium basis, enabling quick network growth.
In May 2021, Alkemics was acquired by Boston-based commerce experience management platform Salsify.
Salsify empowers brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf by delivering the commerce experiences consumers demand anywhere they choose to shop online. The world's biggest brands including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK use Salsify every day to stand out on the digital shelf. To date, Salsify has raised a total of $198.1 million in funding, led by Warburg Pincus, Venrock, Matrix Partners, Greenspring Associates, Underscore VC, and North Bridge.
With this acquisition, Salsify furthers its position as the only global CommerceXM platform featuring both the ability to truly support customers worldwide and the largest product and engineering team. The fastest-growing company in the space, Salsify will cross $100M ARR by mid-2021, have about 600 employees, and have offices in Boston, Lisbon, and Paris. The combined solution will power open collaboration and content exchange between suppliers and retailers, resulting in superior product experiences everywhere consumers shop.
Pre-Sales are the functional and technical glue of an enterprise software sale. They act as the sales team's functional and technical encyclopedia during the sale, representing the technical aspects of how the product solves specific customer problems. Additionally, they have to ensure that the solution’s value propositions are highlighted in the entire sales cycle.
- Drive the technical and functional evaluation stage of the overall sales process by providing technical and functional support to prospective clients and customers on the UK market
- Act as trusted advisor to prospects and customers in the functional and technical design and development of their end-to-end solution / business processes
- Develop and deliver high quality presentations and Alkemics product demonstrations, in alignment with the commonly defined sales strategy
- Work very closely with the product management and sales teams, and serve as a product advocate in front of prospects and customers
- Collaboratively conduct cost-benefit analyses with the prospects / clients
- Secure evaluation process win by differentiating against competition and providing closure
- Take the lead on RFI / RFP processes, design the tender strategy with the Lead Sales and provide replies in French and English (both: independently and in coordination with members across various streams of business operations)
- Generate and maintain sales collaterals for our solutions portfolio. Tailor them to prospects.
- Ensure a smooth handover of each client to the Product Managers and the Implementation Manager for the Integration phase.