At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
The Finance team at Domino embodies a novel approach to people, processes, and technology. We’ve done away with the “old way” of doing things. Excel is great, but we have built an enterprise-grade financial system stack that gives us the freedom to work that matters most paired with the flexibility to do it best. This team is as innovative as the company we are building.
What your impact will be
This lead role own the engine that powers our Enterprise-grade Integrated Business Planning tool (Anaplan). You will lead the charge to a more powerful and smoother delivery. Primary tasks include:
- Manage overall pipeline orchestration for our Enterprise Business Planning Process (Currently: Informatica → Anaplan)
- Build additional data integrations for visibility into KPIs for management reporting
- Optimize performance and stability in the ETL to support Anaplan
- Apply integration to other Finance & Accounting business processes
- Initiate discovery for deep insights asks and/or improving our forecasting models
What We Look For in This Role
We are seeking an individual who takes initiative and ownership. Expected outcomes are listed below:
- Articulate / understand data pipeline map (sources, transformations, processes) in our Business Planning architecture (Informatica -> Anaplan)
- Proficient in data querying language (SQL, Python, R) and data transformation
First 30 days
- Know the power of Anaplan (source data, build models, create end-user dashboards)
- Learn the business model of a B2B SaaS company. What are the key metrics that demonstrate business value?
- Articulate the drivers of our primary sources of non headcount cost (AWS, marketing, etc.)
First 6 months
- Build dimensional data models in a easy to use format for dashboards, self-service analytics
- Evidence E2E completion of a problem (source data, model, analyze and present)
- Firm grasp of our forecasting models and roadmap specific progress to enhance accuracy
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Data Analytics or similar
- 5+ years of experience in finance, data analytics, management consulting or a related analytical field
- Expert Knowledge of SQL or Python
- Familiar with Anaplan or other connected-planning software
- Ability to be coachable and comfortable with direct and transparent communication
- Unafraid of failure; willingness to learn and continually improve
- Ability to be your own product manager (organized, prioritizes efficiently and has honest expectations)
- Self-starter; comfort with a fast-paced, demanding startup environment
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset and high-performing, creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success.
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value those that believe improving is always possible. At Domino everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply