We are on a mission to give the whole world access to incredible experiences. Why is our mission important? For two reasons: we help people to learn and grow, and we help people create lifelong memories during their travel. What do people value the most from their trip to a new destination? It’s likely not the flight they took, nor the hotel in which they stayed. People value the experiences--visiting the Colosseum Underground, seeing the Vatican Museums, or taking a delicious street food walking tour of Rome. These experiences are what help people connect with their destination’s history and culture. And these experiences help people create cherished memories that last a lifetime.
Our product--which helps people discover, book, and enjoy incredible travel experiences--is an essential tool for anyone visiting the world’s top destinations.
Travel experiences are the last remaining part of the travel industry that is yet to fully transition to digital and mobile. All of the recent trends in travel experiences--touchless ticketing, timed entry for attractions, on-the-go discovery, and planning--will accelerate the consumer transition from offline transactions to digital and mobile. Unlike flights or accommodations, there is no large incumbent yet in the travel experiences space. Our ambition, and our opportunity, is to become the global leader for travel experiences.
About the team
We are a multi-disciplinary team of Product Designers, UX Writers, and UX Researchers that are passionate about solving customer problems along the travel journey in an effective and delightful way. We combine empathy, our craft, and creativity to create valuable, usable, and delightful product experiences.
Our work is guided by strong principles that make our experience focus on value and feel simple, trustworthy, human, and unique. We collaborate with Product and Engineering to ensure those principles are front and center in the features we develop.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial leader to delight our customers with exceptional user experiences; to grow and develop our UX team; and to co-develop our product vision and strategy. As Director of User Experience, you will use your craft, collaboration, team leadership, and product thinking skills to lead the UX team in designing innovative and valuable solutions for our customers.
- Manage a team of UX Managers who lead different product areas as well as a User Research lead and help them develop their impact and success of their teams.
- Recruit, coach, mentor, and grow managers and individual contributors within the UX team.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, feedback, and learning within the UX team.
- Evolve competency profiles and career frameworks with UX leaders ensuring that it moves us towards strong working trifecta between Product, Engineering, and UX on all levels as well as leverages the unique strengths of our disciplines.
- Communicate broadly about important UX initiatives, together with UX leaders set the vision and strategy for the UX group that aligns UX Design, Research, and Writing
- Create clarity around what success means for UX as a whole (what standards we are aiming for, what principles we follow, how we see our impact and evaluate success) and how it contributes to the success of our product and business
- Ensure that there are UX/Design/Content guidelines, best practices, and standards, and help to drive GYG's design system and language forward at a strategic level increasing the quality of our product experience.
- Co-develop the Product vision and strategy along with Product and Engineering senior leadership.
- Provide support, guidance, and feedback to mission teams on their path to creating exceptional user experiences.
- Ensure that UX is well-integrated into the Product Development Flow, and advocate for process changes that help product management, engineering, and UX work together to build a great experience.
- You have experience managing a multi-disciplinary team of Designers, Writers, and Researchers.
- You have experience working within a Product company and shaping strategy together with cross-functional partners from Product and Engineering.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, able to communicate the “why” to stakeholders.
- You can find a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed, quality, and doing risky, but interesting work.
Reasons to join us
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Relocation assistance with a great team to help you with your move to Berlin
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation
- Private Pension Scheme
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards and extra discount
Are you interested to share our values and add to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ travel dreams into reality. Apply now