Have you ever wanted to be part of an Engineering team that people aspire to work with? Well, this role could be the opportunity to make that happen. We are recruiting a Technical Lead to guide one of our squads on their technical direction, behaviours and practices. This is a hands-on role working with up to 5 other developers, QA and PM in our cross-functional teams.
Technical Leads set the tone for their team, how they will operate efficiently and work with Engineering Manager and Director of Engineering to establish ways of working for their team. They understand where and how to guide their team to deliver efficiently whilst preserving the high quality standards we have. They encourage collaboration within their team but use their experience to guide the team to get the right outcome.
With over 200 people, we have organised in to Tribes and Squads and this role will be a squad-level role. Each of our squads has a technical lead who carry out the responsibilities below. Technical Leads are very much involved in their teams delivery but take on the additional responsibilities of service ownership, mentoring and coaching the team technically.
- Establish a technical vision with the team
- Facilitate technical discussions and arbitrate technical decisions
- Coordinate with architecture on design principles and implementation plans
- Design and uphold technical delivery practices and be the technical voice of your team
- Drive Modulr’s overall quality practices within the team’s technical deliverables
- Coach and mentor engineers
- Coordinate decisions with stakeholders
- Contribute code to the Modulr Platform
Skills and experience:
- Previous technical leadership skills and experience leading teams of up to 5 people
- Experience with micro-service architectures, service ownership and performance
- Worked in high-growth engineering departments
- Influenced and embedded engineering practices and cultures
We offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of Hybrid working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holidays
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Hybrid working