Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 80 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
The WeTransfer Marketing team is searching for a Data Marketing Analyst to help build infrastructure and reporting to unlock a more data-centric approach to decision making. As a strategy lead within the marketing team, you’ll oversee our growth models, customer analysis and KPI tracking, helping us to tell more compelling data stories about our campaigns and customers. Through the analysis of user behavior you’ll increase the measurability of our campaigns and inform optimization tactics, with the ultimate goal of driving our subscription business. You will also play a vital role in setting up, running, and analyzing a broad variety of growth marketing experiments.
You are an analytical thinker who knows how to monitor multiple data sources simultaneously to build a connected story. You’re good at distilling complex information into digestible thoughts, and breaking-down complicated topics for diverse stakeholders. You keep a curious mind, always striving to understand more about the patterns that we see and you’re excited about testing those theories as a means to learn more and drive our business.
What you will be doing:
- Own and drive the marketing data analysis and strategy, helping build out key funnels, segmentation, and cohorts to inform marketing strategies and tactics.
- Proactively monitor key subscriber growth metrics, helping to forecast how key marketing campaigns and initiatives will impact our subscriptions on a rolling basis.
- Turn raw marketing data into datasets that enable self-service.
- Be the go-to resource for all marketing data and reporting; you own the selection, set-up, maintenance, and strategic dashboard creation in our visualisation tools.
- Analyze and codify multiple sources of data to unearth insights to drive key business decisions, subscription growth, and prioritisation.
- Partner with the Growth and Performance marketing teams to increase efficiencies across acquisition channels via paid media and/or on-platform experiments.
- Independently and proactively perform analyses and interpret the results for key stakeholders.
- Share your knowledge with the larger marketing department and organization; hold deep dives, learning sessions, and workshops to help ensure we grow to be a more data-driven department.
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years in marketing data modelling, analysis, visualisation, tracking requirements, and best practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to (independently) perform SQL queries (strong requirement) and experience with statistical/data analysis tools (strong preference; preferably Python/R).
- An experiment mindset, confidence in the power of experimenting/ testing, and experience with running/analyzing multiple experiments.
- Experience with human-generated data (in contrast to data from machines/ systems), i.e. affinity/ understanding of how users use a (digital) product and the type of data this generates.
- An understanding of core statistical concepts and the ability to communicate and even teach these to non-experts.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.