A Lead Electronics Engineer is sought to help us with the continued growth of our hardware proposition. Experience working in consumer goods, electro-mechanical goods or fitness hardware would be an advantage but not crucial. The ideal person will be a senior engineer with some line management and mentoring experience of junior engineers and technicians. This will be 70-80% hands on design role with 20-30% line management responsibility.
What you’ll do
- Design compact PCBs for consumer hardware products.
- Full accountability for schematic design.
- Accountable for layout working with suppliers and CAD Manager.
- Recruit, mentor and develop a team of Electronics Engineers
- Carrying out FMEA analyses.
- Be responsible for the electronics development process and maintain methodology guidelines
- Hold design reviews and maintain product documentation
- Lead procurement and assembly of prototype PCBAs with support from procurement team
- Testing prototype PCBAs, alongside Embedded Software developers.
- Validation and verification of electronics PCBAs including 3rd party certifications
- In collaboration with the Production Manager, managing manufacture and testing of production PCBAs.
- Where appropriate, assisting R&D in prototype and demonstrator development for new products.
- Transfer design to 3rd party sub contract manufacturers
What you’ll have
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent numerate field.
- Relevant electronics design experience, appropriate to the role
- Knowledge of both digital and analog PCB design.
- Knowledge of at least one of Bluetooth or ANT+ design crucial.
- Knowledge of mechanical, MEMS or electromechanical actuators essential.
- Knowledge of USB and other data comms protocols
- Knowledge of DC-DC and AC-DC switch mode power supplies desirable
- Knowledge and experience of high volume electronics manufacturing
- Knowledge of design for manufacture and design for test of electronics PCBA
- Masters or higher degree
- Experience of working in consumer electronics and/or fitness hardware
- Knowledge of power management, distribution and regulation
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected] Apply now