Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for every one, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
Malwarebytes is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our high-performance Infrastructure Platform SRE team, providing mentoring and leadership to our Infrastructure SRE’s in the US. We need candidates with experience managing projects spanning multiple development teams. Candidates should be capable of driving improvements in architecture, security, sustainability, and scalability. We work collaboratively across multiple geographic locations, so experience successfully working with distributed teams is a must. We are open to remote candidates.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the growth and development of Site Reliability Engineers at all levels.
- Hire and onboard exceptional talent as needed to ensure that we have a sustainable engineering team.
- Define team goals and measurements to define success for your team and for each of the team members.
- Drive technical and architectural. improvements
- Promote a collaborative culture across team boundaries
- Contribute to team documentation and participate in team ceremonies.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Exceptional communication skills that cross both team and geographical boundaries
- Advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple direct reports
- Organizational skills to support managing of multiple parallel projects spanning across different engineering teams
- Strong knowledge of AWS cloud service offerings covering serverless and containerized workloads
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline and 10+ years of experience in IT infrastructure services or related field (with at least 4 years of production Linux experience). Additional training, technical certification, and/or experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in a managerial or lead role for an IT infrastructure services or related field
Nice to Have Skills:
- AWS CertifiedProfessional (Solutions Architect)
- AWS Certified Specialty (Advanced Networking, Big Data, Security, Machine Learning)
- Background in web application development
- Proficient working with Terraform, Docker, Ansible, and Python
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- 401k + company match
- Open Time Off Policy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs