Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for every one, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
An experienced professional who wants to help build the competitive intelligence capability for a subscription business that spans both consumers and corporations. You are a person who enjoys keeping tabs on the security market and you love distilling complex market movements into tangible recommendations that impact product, marketing and sales. You know how to capture and synthesize disparate data streams to glean insights that will drive growth for the business.
The ideal candidate will be a competitive intelligence expert, with exceptional market sensing skills, proven hands-on experience, a hunger to drive significant business impact/outcomes, and an orientation toward strategic thinking to drive product/brand growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Assess competitors to understand security market dynamics. Analyze existing players, their value proposition, routes to market, competitive position, and financial performance to inform corporate strategy. This includes assessing financial statements, analyzing market trend data, and researching long-term industry trends.
- Strategic Analysis: Develop insights using data analytics and structured problem-solving skills.
- Financial Statement Analysis: Conduct financial statement analysis (e.g., income statement, balance sheet and cash flow) and develop insights on business performance. Assist in exploring strategic options, developing creative solutions to complex business issues, and/or supporting decision-making.
- Trend Analysis: Support team efforts to monitor industry trends, channel evolution, and key competitors’ strategies and tactics. Identify and evaluate issues that could potentially impact our competitive position and financial performance.
- Utilize industry analyst research, such as Gartner and IDC, to develop insights.
- Support the development and communication of market intelligence. Synthesize and interpret data to identify security trends and emerging competitive threats. Clearly and effectively communicate findings to senior leadership.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
7+ years of experience with competitive intelligence or corporate strategy in technology markets, preferably with 2+ years of experience in the security category.
- Proven expertise in leading competitive intelligenace projects from definition to execution, driving impact and influencing product and marketing decision-making
- Communication and presentation skills with proven track record of using insights to influence executives and colleagues
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen working with disparate sources of data to create evidence-based recommendations
- Excellent communicator who can have nuanced, eye-level conversations with marketing, sales, and product leadership
- Strong cross-functional partner
- Experience working with syndicated research (e.g. Gartner, IDC) is preferred
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- 401k + company match
- Open Time Off Policy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs