Jellysmack is the global creator company that detects and develops the world's most talented video creators on social media. We're an optimistic team who naturally goes the extra mile, has a glass-half-full mindset, and sees challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who think outside the box, are inventive, bold, lead change, and believe that teamwork matters.
We are a team of Video Editors, Content Strategists, Community Managers, and Copy Checkers responsible for running the most modern and innovative pages on social networks. Our teams are dynamic and encourage sharing knowledge to learn and grow. We aim to work as a collective as this is the best way to get your creative juices flowing. In addition, the Content teams are an essential ingredient at Jellysmack because it's our job to deepen relationships with our audiences. Do you have what it takes to become a part of our team?
The Operations Country Lead - Brazil at Jellysmack work with an agile team with people from different crews (Editors, Content Strategists, Community Managers, User Acquisition Managers and, IP specialists) that will be in charge of all creators that produce content in Portuguese. This team will work with different content creators categories (Beauty, Gaming, True Crime, Sports, Cooking, etc.).
Your primary mission will be to manage this team, optimize their workflow, ramp it up progressively to match our skyrocketing growth in Brazil, and deliver top-notch operational KPIs in Brazil (compared to international benchmark), notably:
- Cost per video
- Time-to-launch new creator
- Time-to-scale a new creator to >300K followers
- Time-to-deliver an edit
- Average retention rates of videos per platform
- Monetizable views per video
You will receive support from global Ops teams to build upon our success in the English-speaking world: onboarding materials and training per crew, performance management systems, dashboards and reporting, benchmarks, sizing rules per crew, talent acquisition support, … but eventually, you’d be in charge of localizing them to Brazil context to ensure profitable local growth. You’ll be able to challenge the operating model to focus on the most value-added tasks if the global operating model does not suit Brazil’s needs.
You would report directly to the Country Manager in Brazil, and with a functional link to Global VP Operations Development in the team of global COO, for global consistency and best practices sharing.
Some notable Jellysmack partners are PewDiePie, MrBeast, Charles and Alyssa, Brad Mondo, and Bailey Sarian! We work with notable partners such as Thai e Biel, Receitas de Pai, and Ana Carla in Brazil.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Start an end-to-end operations team with people from different crews (Editors, Content Strategists, Community Managers, User Acquisition Managers and, IP Specialists) that will be in charge end-to-end of all operations for creators that produce content in Portuguese: video selection, editing, posting, boosting, community management, …
- Manage the team's workflow and make sure everyone is aligned towards the same objectives and deadlines.
- Play an active role in the global Operations community, collaborate effectively with other Country VP Operations and with Global VP of Operations Development to ensure global consistency and share best practices.
- Build a positive, proactive and inclusive team culture that makes everyone feel like their contribution matters.
- Ensure the team has a well-rounded and diverse set of skills and knowledge.
- Provide easy-to-understand, constructive feedback to help team and individual development.
- Plan and optimize the team’s schedules and working patterns.
- Identify new processes, tools and workflows to improve the effectiveness of team performance.
- Stay on top of trends and work with the larger team to apply them where relevant.