We have an exciting opportunity for a People Coordinator whois keen to support with and get involved in many aspects of HR, from payroll, employee engagement, wellbeing and remote onboarding. This is a hands-on role to support the wider people team with administrative tasks as well as key employee experience activities.
Alongside people administration tasks and driving employee engagement, you will also deliver vital employee experience and people projects, including Wellbeing, Health & Safety, Inclusion (D&I), Community, Socials, Office Environment, and Internal Communications. We are looking for somebody who loves to roll their sleeves up, get stuck in and build heaps of great relationships along the way.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career and gain exposure to all aspects of the People function, with great support and development from the wider people team, a global reach and with a progressive business that puts people at its heart.
The role reports to the Head of People Operations. If you want an opportunity to really make an impact and get lots of exposure to progressive people practices, this role is for you!
What you’ll be doing
- You will be the go-to person for all things People Systems & Experience: You will own our people systems knowing the ins and outs and be our systems champion. You will be immersed in the people experience, using data driven insights to develop and implement key strategies that improve employee engagement through wellbeing, diversity and inclusion strategies alongside the wider people team.
- Employee lifecycle: you will draft and issue documentation at each stage of the employee lifecycle: contracts, addenda, share options, references, maternity/paternity, onboarding, offboarding etc.
- Payroll: preparing UK & US payroll and benefits with our payroll provider and finance team: generating the initial report and completing cross checks and finalising with our providers.
- Benefits: Managing online systems adding joiners/leavers to the schemes directly and ensuring records are up to date. Preparing and submitting P11Ds to register BIK for all employees.
- Admin Routines: You’ll be the people routines guru making sure that Org charts are maintained, Training requests are approved, Metrics reporting and People Wiki are up-to-date, that we are GDPR compliant in our People practices, amongst a myriad of other things.
- People Engagement Survey: You will be responsible for delivering the full end-to-end engagement survey process. This will include issuing the survey, communicating to the wider business, analysis of the results and supporting teams company-wide to come up with insightful actions and initiatives
- Employee data: with your finger on the pulse and being in the detail, you will use data collected from onboarding and offboarding surveys to provide data driven feedback and proposals to improve team member experiences
- People experience: lead and launch new and exciting initiatives, identifying new trends to keep our workforce engaged and to continuously improve how our team members experience their working lives. This will involve being the driving force behind our social committee activities too.
- UK office: You will be responsible for team members' working experience, including the London office environment, all health and safety requirements of office and WFH, and specifics related to our new hybrid-remote way of working
- Internal Communication: You will be responsible for specific internal communication, working to create and deliver high quality, creative content across a variety of channels. This includes our fortnightly company-wide ‘all hands’ meeting and coordinating the content being presented
- Wellbeing initiatives: You will deliver initiatives designed to support our team members holistic wellbeing focusing on things like mental wellness, physical and financial health and pastoral care
- Global mindset: You’ll work across multiple territories (UK, U.S, and potentially others) and be open to learning about how we operate successfully in multiple other countries.
- Here at LoveCrafts our Smart, Kind, Maker culture is what drives everything we do. You will be championing our values and celebrating the successes you see in our makers.
Who you are
- You will have some experience at Administrator/Assistant level, bringing knowledge of drafting and issuing paperwork across the employee lifecycle and some HRIS maintenance as a minimum.
- You feel very confident with numbers for payroll, benefits and metric reporting.
- You are eager to learn and are keen to get involved in all aspects of the People Profession.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be comfortable creating and delivering company-wide content
- You are self-motivated and organised, able to prioritise well in a fast-paced environment with changing demands and high standards when it comes to your work
- You remain positive, enthusiastic and solutions-focused in the face of challenges
- You’re a real team player and foster a supportive, positive work environment for your team and the wider business
- You enjoy building relationships and can influence others – we’re a dynamic working environment and you’ll need to be able to quickly develop and nurture great relationships globally and at all levels of the team
- HR credentials, or studying towards an HR qualification is a benefit
- Some experience of, or appetite for, crafting is always a benefit!
What we're offering
- Home-based while lockdown continues, Central London office as hub thereafter.
- Coaching and mentoring - there's an awful lot of talent and experience in our team. And we really prioritise everyone’s need for personal development
- The opportunity to join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Pension plan, private healthcare and health cash plan
- 25 holiday days pro rata and a day off for your birthday
- Inspiring, motivated and supportive team
- Plenty of opportunity to learn and grow your craft
- This role will be part time 3-4 days per week
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (Skyscanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Diversity is important at LoveCrafts. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our customers and their needs. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We aim to create a modern, flexible work environment that supports everyone to do their best work and therefore, we are open to having conversations about flexible working for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have equal opportunity to grow and attain their full potential.