We’re looking for a social media savvy crafter to help us create awesome content and grow our LoveCrafts audience! For a 6 month fixed term contract you'll be reporting to the Senior Content Manager, you'll be responsible for sourcing and creating content to inspire crafters around the world. You’ll be a keen maker yourself, just as confident making IG Reels for our new embroidery threads, as you are chatting to a knitwear designer about their podcast appearance.
What you'll be doing:
- Producing reels, unboxing videos & demonstrating kits. You’ll support the content team in the creation of reels, and short videos for social where needed (unboxing videos, start-to-finish projects, you name it!)
- Inspire our Pinterest community You’ll support our social media team, sharing blogs and guides to Pinterest.
- Support our Video Producer to create awesome Podcast episodes, liaising with the guests, scripting beatsheets and writing show notes.
- Create engaging content for our blog. ‘The top ten granny square blankets’ or ‘the most popular patterns this month’, you’ll write and publish roundups and content for our Inspiration blog.
- Relationship management. Liaise with makers to produce videos and editorials for the LoveCrafts website and social channels. Whether it’s a tutorial for Hanukkah or an unboxing reel for Instagram, you’ll be confident commissioning, chasing and helping the team publish awesome content.
- Pattern commissions. Find and reach out to cool designers and influencers to commission sewing and embroidery patterns
- Amplify content. You'll encourage designers and influencers to share content on their social and marketing channels and support them in the process
- Distributing codes. You’ll help designers with yarn support and workshop materials
Who you are:
- Passionate about the craft world, you're probably a keen maker yourself
- Social media savvy, you know the difference between reels, IGTV, tiktok vids, and what format works best for each
- You've got a visual eye, you can see what good, eye-catching content looks like (and point out how someone could improve it)
- Confident reaching out to new people
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creative flair and content ideas aplenty!
- Great project management skills
- You build friendly and productive relationships, enabling you to get the best out of those you work with.
- You’re always looking for ways to improve things - whether it’s a process that takes too long, or your performance against your goals.
- You want to learn from the best and absorb every scrap of knowledge you can.
Desired but not essential skills and experience...
- Experience proofing and editing content
- Produced craft video content (perhaps on your personal Instagram/ TikTok/ YouTube)
- Experience with CMS system e.g WordPress (we use Prismic)
- Experience with email platform e.g. Mailchimp
What we're offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Great benefits including Options over shares, pension plan, private healthcare, health cash plan and some other great perks!
- 25 holiday days pro rata + a day off for your birthday.
- Smart colleagues and supportive team- you will join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey
- Working environment that values excellence
- Central London Location, although working remotely through the COVID pandemic and will continue with a hybrid-remote approach post pandemic
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. We've graduated from the Future Fifty were 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (Skyscanner, Matches Fashion).
WEBS, also known as America’s yarn store and the largest online knitting, crochet and weaving business, became part of the LoveCrafts family in December 2020. The acquisition of the successful family-run business was a pivotal moment for the LoveCrafts Group as it becomes the market leader in North America in needlecraft. Combining LoveCrafts’ strong tech platform and global community with WEBS’ talent and industry expertise, positions the company to rapidly grow its global community of makers.
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Diversity is important at LoveCrafts. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our customers and their needs. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We aim to create a modern, flexible work environment that supports everyone to do their best work and therefore, we are open to having conversations about flexible working for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have equal opportunity to grow and attain their full potential.