Dealing with death — losing a parent, a partner or a best friend — is the hardest thing most people ever go through. For too long, it’s been a dreary affair with top hats, paperwork, and bureaucracy. We think it’s time for things to change.
At Farewill we build the best products in the world for dealing with death. Beautifully designed, easy to use, built for taking care of the people you love.
We’re now looking for a Funeral Plan Sales Team Lead to join our growing Sales team at Farewill.
We are one of the fastest-growing startups in the UK, in the last 12 months we’ve:
This role is a unique opportunity to be a founding member of a brand new team - Farewill Funeral Plans. At the start, this will mean diving in and using your sales experience and understanding of the industry to set the bar for what a great sales call looks like. Then, as your team grows, you’ll focus on building a brilliant, high-performing culture.
Funeral Plans haven’t changed in 50 years - this is your opportunity to be a part of the future of the industry.
If you come into this role, in the next 12 months you will:
- Onboard into At-need Sales, to build an understanding of our funeral business
- Be the first person taking sales calls for funeral plans
- Define what a brilliant sales call for funeral plans looks like
- Hire and onboard our first funeral plan sales team members
- Manage the growing sales team closely, fostering a performance culture
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- Experience managing a Sales Team
- Experience selling funeral plans (or funeral insurance)
- Experience hiring brilliant people
- A kind, empathetic and consultative approach to selling
Some extra skills that would be great:
- An understanding of Funeral Plan regulation
- Experience working in an FCA regulated industry
- Experience planning amazing funerals
This is an exciting opportunity to start a brand new team, and scale it quickly.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership!
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly priced & accessible to everyone. To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves, bring their whole selves to work, and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully. We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible/remote working options. And, If you need any flexibility or adjustments in our interview process - to help set you up for success - then please let us know too.