As a Data Analyst at Modulr you will contribute to change across the organisation as we pivot to a data-driven business. You will support digital transformation and our BI Reporting / Visualization tool (DOMO) helping to drive its adoption across the organization, as well as, to support data and KPI reporting across the entire organisation. More than reporting data, you understand its drivers, correlations, and nuances, allowing you to play a key role in digital transformation. You will gather and interpret data in a way that provides meaningful reports and actionable direction for the business.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK.
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures.
- Four years old, we have offices in London, Edinburgh and Dublin.
- We have processed over 70m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Shortlisted for ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
The key tasks of your role will include:
- Create digital processes to replace manual and semi-automatic processes.
- BI / Visualization tool (DOMO) super-user.
- Help managing the data flow of all data sets in our 3rd party reporting tool.
- Support the governance of key business data sets.
- Ensuring data is set up efficiently to maximize performance.
- Perform data extraction, manipulation, processing, QA, storage and analysis.
- Build data visualizations that concisely deliver business insights.
- Engage with stakeholders across the business to gather requirements for reporting and data sets.
- Ad Hoc queries to support business projects.
- Support the broader business with their analytics, helping them deliver their own results.
About You: To join us as a Data Analyst, you’ll need:
- Passionate about digital transformation.
- You have an inquisitive mind and proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution.
- You’re passionate about data; finding new ways to use that data to support rapid business growth and are eager to help shape the direction and scope of a growing company.
- You enjoy group work and working independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, and are willing to take ownership and responsibility of key business processes.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever’s required to achieve the goals of the team and wider business.
- You’re structured and organised, able to handle the competing pressures of immediate tasks and alongside longer-term projects.
- An excellent communicator, you can translate complex processes into plain English.
- You’re comfortable working in an early stage business, where time is critical, and things change frequently.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and sharing your ideas about how we can improve.
- Extensive experience working with large diverse datasets.
- Ability to convey complex processes to simple language and reporting.
- SQL, Python, SAS, and/or R.
- Flask and ReactJs would be a desirable.
- Advanced Excel.
- Data modelling experience.
- Predictive analytics.
- Discovering correlations.
- Trend analysis.
- Outlier detection and exception reporting.
- Experience with multi-dimensional reporting tools (Business Objects, Hyperion, DOMO, Tableau, etc.)
What will give you the edge over other candidates:
- Mathematics, statistics or a computational background.
- Good coding skills.
- Having worked for a scale-up, fast moving company would be desirable.
- Prior experience of Domo would be beneficial but not essential.
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits.
- 34 days holiday.
- Training allowance.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Flexible working.