Modulr is seeking to appoint a Head of Customer Onboarding Delivery to lead our growing Onboarding Delivery team and play a vital role in our exciting growth by delivering an onboarding experience is effortless and differentiates us from our competitors.
As the leader of the Onboarding Delivery team, reporting into the Director of Customer Operations, you will be accountable for the delivery of the entire portfolio of Onboarding projects, recruiting, developing, and leading a team of talented individuals that lead internal teams and supporting Customers to connect safely, rapidly, and effortlessly to our suite of products and services. It is therefore imperative that the Onboarding Delivery Manager has the required gravitas, energy, and drive, in additional to technical capability.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- Five years old, Modulr has offices in London, Edinburgh, Dublin and Amsterdam.
- We have processed over 80m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Most recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
The key tasks of your role will include:
- Guide and support a team of Onboarding Delivery Managers with varying experience and seniority to successfully deliver a large, diverse, and complex the portfolio of projects.
- Ensuring your team acts as the front line to protect Modulr, employing the highest standards to keep Modulr safe by utilising robust and effective onboarding processes and standards
- Timelessly work to enable your team to provide an amazing customer onboarding experience, making the process as easy as possible for the customer.
- Build a consistent approach to Customer Onboarding Delivery that is easy to understand and clear to our customers from the outset, including online documentation and article’s
- Articulate and inspire your team as to what good delivery performance looks like
- Be responsive to your teams needs and challenges, providing expertise to support and guide them, remove impediments, and get them the tools and resources necessary to excel.
- Understand the broader customer needs and challenges, and solve them
- Be visible to all customers; managing escalations and challenging customer engagements
- Provide expert support and interventions on any projects in difficulty.
- Sign-off the completion of all projects and run post-implementation reviews
- Obsess with measuring and improving the end-to-end Onboarding journey for our customer and for our internal teams.
- Build relationships with key third parties, ensuring we receive excellent service
- Ensuring the status of all Customer Onboarding Delivery projects are always clear and any trends and insights are understood and acted upon.
- Represent Customer Onboarding Delivery in key internal and external governance forums
- Drive automation, through adoption of tools and techniques that create efficiency, allow scale and control.
- Operate in control – implementing processes and methods which ensure the integrity of the customer experience and protect client accounts.
- Capacity planning and resourcing. Ensure the appropriate resources and tools are available to the onboarding teams to support incoming demand and anticipated uplifts.
About You: To join us as a Head of Customer Onboarding Delivery you’ll need:
- Demonstrable experience of building and maintain strong customer relationships
- Successfully led the delivery of large complex portfolios (preferably Onboarding Projects) for 5+ years
- Demonstrable experience of building and leading, a high-performance Delivery team.
- Experience working in rapidly scaling FinTech/Technology organisations
- Industry knowledge of Customer Onboarding best in class process and tools
- A growth mindset who thrives on problem solving and dealing with complexity
- Bias for action and a love of working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to give clarity and confidence to internal stakeholders and customers up to Board level.
- Familiarity and knowledge of payment services especially in context of business services would be beneficial (e.g. general banking such as business current accounts, lending, FX services, payments clearing services etc.)
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offers highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working