Modulr is recruiting for an Engineering Manager to help us continue to scale our Engineering department.
We are looking for a fresh approach to engineering management, one that focuses on the culture and environment it supports for its engineers as well as driving best practice. We want to foster growth and development, so that Modulr is the first-choice workplace for engineers.
Modulr now has over 300 people, which we have organised into tribes and squads. This role will be a tribe-level role. We are looking for candidates with proven experience of building environment and processes to support self-driven, highly-performing engineering teams in a hyper-growth companies.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK.
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020.
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet.
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures.
- Five years old, Modulr has offices in London, Edinburgh, Dublin and Amsterdam.
- We have processed over 80m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Most recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
The key tasks of your role will include:
- Support, develop and coach a team of engineers of varying experience levels through effective 1:1 meetings and 360 feedback whilst working closely with technical leads.
- Contribute positively to the development culture at Modulr, including working with our nearshoring team members whilst fostering a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Sponsor a learning environment for your squads and act as a mentor for up and coming leaders.
- Partnering with delivery leadership to ensure teams are properly staffed and able to be highly effective.
- Contribute to setting and monitoring of squad OKRs ensuring alignment with tribe and company level objectives.
- Drive and be accountable for technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution including being the advocate for the teams service capability roadmap.
- Facilitate collaboration together with engineering and product to tackle interesting and complex challenges across the platform including setting of SLAs and SLOs for the micro services your team owns.
- Maintain a flat management structure where possible, favouring building networks over hierarchies.
About you: To join us as a Software Engineering Manager, you'll need:
- Experience of managing, motivating, coaching and mentoring teams of 5 people and above.
- Worked in high-growth technology function.
- Experience of embedding engineering best practices and creating a culture of customer focus whilst maintaining high delivery efficiencies.
- Effective at facilitating technical discussions in the team and confident challenging approaches when they don’t seem right.
- You are an excellent communicator, able to deliver information at all levels and influence where needed.
- You are a self-started, motivated team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
We offer the following benefits:
Modulr offers highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits.
- 34 days holiday.
- Training allowance.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Flexible working.