As the first frontend developer in the team, your impact on our Design system will be remarkable. Your first task will be to audit our current digital design system and iterate on it. You’ll create and maintain an Adobe XD component library that defines our digital products and solutions. Working together with our other React Developers, you'll translate it to a front-end style guide. You will advocate for all the details that transform a product from usable to impressive.
You’ll get to evangelize the Supermetrics design system so all Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers feel empowered to build on shared components and speak the same language when developing new features for the Supermetrics digital ecosystem.
Ideally, you’re located in Finland as our HQ is in Helsinki and most of the team works here. Please note that most of the work can be done remotely. Nevertheless, we work tightly together online by having daily catch-ups with the team!
📝 Your day-to-day work and responsibilities will include:
- Building a scalable code-based design system that has the design intention baked directly into it in the form of component granularity and class-naming choices
- Leading styleguide-driven development/design to create product efficiencies
- Building tools that help operationalize and bring efficiencies to design activities
- Prototyping user experiences to the fidelity required to gain insight in user testing
- Helping to assess the technical impact of design decisions, and ensuring less impactful options that can achieve the same design intent are considered
- As a part of design team collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to build a component-based, scalable design system that is the single source of truth
- Create detailed documentation, share early and often, gather feedback, and quickly iterate
🔧 Primary technologies you’ll be working with:
💪 This role is for you if you have:
- 5+ years experience of working with digital products
- Experience building a front-end and Adobe XD or similar design system and evangelizing Designers and Engineers to adopt it
- Experience advocating for accessibility in design and development
- A deep understanding of visual design principles as they apply to user-interface design, especially in scalable component libraries
- Expertise in Typescript, React, Adobe XD (or similar), Storybook, and CSS-in-JS
- Experience with WCAG compliance
- Quick decision-making and rapid iteration
- The ability to break down problems and work within constraints
- Detail-oriented mindset with a demonstrated ability to execute
- A love of learning and desire to grow
If you have prior experience with complex engineering and a track record of aligning to design systems, that is a plus but not a requirement!
What’s in it for you?
The reason people love to work at Supermetrics is that we all work towards the same goal using our own individual strengths. We’re determined to achieve our vision of being the best business data pipeline company in the world.
At Supermetrics, we have unrivaled team spirit and a shared thirst for continuous learning and sharing our knowledge. We take our work seriously - not so much ourselves. We recognize our team as our greatest asset and take good care of our people.
Here’s more info about our culture and benefits!
In case we haven’t met before, here’s Supermetrics in a nutshell:
It all started from a Google t-shirt...
Supermetrics was founded in 2013 as a result of one data geek’s will to win a Google t-shirt, and we have been profitable and growing ever since!
We build products that are used by 500k people worldwide in small and big companies alike (BBC, Dyson, and WarnerBros, to name a few). Marketers, data analysts, and engineers use Supermetrics to move data from popular marketing platforms (such as Facebook, Google Ads, and HubSpot) to destinations like Google Sheets, Google Data Studio, Excel, various BI tools, and data warehouses.
We are a diverse community of curious minds excited to build the best business data solutions ever. Kindness, humility, openness, and dedication to our respective crafts are our most prevalent traits.
- Remote status