Zwift is looking for a Senior Community Engagement Manager to join our growing Content Programming team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for connecting with our community of global Zwifters to help them create their own Zwift on-demand and scheduled content within the game. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Content Programming, you will drive the connection between Zwift and our global influencers helping them reach and engage with their audience. You will partner closely with the product and marketing teams to bring content programs to life for Zwifters around the world.
The Content Programming team is a core part of the Zwift Product team focused around creating enticing and engaging things to do in our sports utopia. Content Programming creates on-demand and scheduled rides and runs in the eleven worlds within Zwift. We have constant cross-functional connections between Product, Game, Marketing, Data Analytics, Strategy, Connected Hardware, and Customer Support. We establish and prioritize content programs originating from Zwift, Brand Partners, and the Community to create the variety of content and activities available for Zwifters on an hourly basis.
What you’ll do:
- Curate and scale the largest of our three channels of content in the world of Zwift - Community Generated Content (UGC) - by connecting with, supporting, and curating our community and influencer lead content on our public content calendar.
- Identify influencers in the community and enable them with tools, training, and support to build unique content that engages Zwifters on a weekly basis.
- Define and organize the Community Generated Content strategy - this currently represents approximately 50% of the scheduled and on-demand content built on the platform.
- Organize and prioritize the public calendar on a week by week basis to ensure a variety of quality UGC is promoted to our global audience.
- Define, measure, and enforce the quality of our public community generated content.
- Ensure our Community Generated Content supports a diverse and inclusive platform, consistent with Zwift’s values - especially “One Zwift for All.”
- Manage the team of Community Support & Event Specialists (currently three teammates), including 3rd party contract support to ensure timely and correct events are setup utilizing our event and campaign creation tools.
- With your team of event specialists, lead event and scheduling execution marquee Content Programs such as Tour de Zwift and Zwift Academy. This role requires living at multiple altitudes. On some projects you could be responsible for both the overarching strategy and the integration of multiple sub-programs.
- Work collaboratively with the Content Programming team to develop the holistic Content Calendar 18 months into the future including Zwift-owned, Partnership, and Community lead programs.
- Conceptualize and define Content that is enticing, fresh, and innovative for Zwifters to participate in. Work cross functionally with the Product, Data, MarComm and Game teams to craft programs that simultaneously push the product forward and showcase our best product features with knowledge and consideration for what platform and teams can feasibly support.
- Work closely with Growth Marketing to connect with strategic partners, athletes, and influencers to promote the platform and the content.
- Write content plans, briefs, and budgets (time and investment) to take Content Programs from concept through execution. You will work closely with Program Managers and Producers to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Curate content to ensure the right experiences are available at the right time for Zwifters of all motivations across all time zones. Requires proactive long-term planning as well as reactive thinking to be prepared to respond to a shifting market and evolving business objectives.
- Work with the complete Content Programming team to assist in defining the weekly schedule for both the Public Zwift and Private Club calendars that will create the right amount of excitement and engagement for Zwifters around the World.
- When required, define end to end testing requirements for QA to test your Content Programs to ensure quality experiences for Zwifters.
- Work with the Game team to define and strategically test new types of Competition Content through internal, community, or public events or in-game testing.
- Create the framework and facilitate regular reviews of events for correctness and publishing timeliness
- Upload, track, and communicate key digital assets including Event Headers, that enable unique content identity
What we're looking for:
- An understanding of our platform and the ability to hit the ground running by creating content programs and curated schedules that improve our offering within the first 90 days.
- A deep understanding of the psychology of the Zwifters across all motivations and what drives their daily, weekly, monthly, and annual behavior
- The ability to connect our brand DNA with experiences that serve motivations including but not limited to competition, goal oriented training, working out, socialization, or simply playing
- BS in Management, Business, Computer Science, Marketing or relevant management area
- 7+ years of experience in Content, Product Management, or Consumer Marketing with a focus on defining experiences sports, esports, software or media industries
- Experience managing and building teams of 3-5 or more, including coaching and performance management
- Expertise in concepts like good Product Management principles and content definition
- Experience serving as a Product/Channel manager in a physical and/or digital environment
- A demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working in cross-functional team environments using Agile/Scrum development processes
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement
- A collaborative team player who can make everyone's work better simply by being present
- A willingness to connect with and communicate with the community where they are including the Zwift Forums, Facebook, etc.
- Experience with CRM software (Zendesk, Kustomer, etc)
- Experience with Project Management Software (Confluence, JIRA, SmartSheets)
- Experience with data analytics platforms (Tableau, Amplitude, Periscope)
- Online gaming experience (MMOs)
- Cycling, running, and/or indoor training knowledge
- Zwift Bike Level 15+ and/or Run Level 5
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.