Alkemics is a B2B business platform enabling retailers to discover, negotiate and launch new products from their 1000+ suppliers.
With 98 out of the top 100 CPG manufacturers (Nestlé, Unilever), the 7 largest retailers in France (E. Leclerc, Carrefour, Casino, Auchan, U-Enseigne, Cora, Metro…) and 4 of the largest UK retailers (Tesco, Ocado, Waitrose, Sainsbury) using the platform, Alkemics now holds a very strong and unchallenged position in the French and UK market.
Alkemics disrupted the space with a fully digital platform where brands create and share their product catalog. Retailers can explore those catalogs and run business workflows, searches or reportings to select, negotiate and list those products in their assortment. Once a retailer is on-boarded, invites are sent to that retailer’s suppliers to join the platform on a freemium basis, enabling quick network growth.
In May 2021, Alkemic was acquired by Boston-based commerce experience management platform Salsify.
Salsify empowers brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf by delivering the commerce experiences consumers demand anywhere they choose to shop online. The world's biggest brands including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK use Salsify every day to stand out on the digital shelf. To date, Salsify has raised a total of $198.1 million in funding, led by Warburg Pincus, Venrock, Matrix Partners, Greenspring Associates, Underscore VC, and North Bridge.
With this acquisition, Salsify furthers its position as the only global CommerceXM platform featuring both the ability to truly support customers worldwide and the largest product and engineering team. The fastest-growing company in the space, Salsify will cross $100M ARR by mid-2021, have about 600 employees, and have offices in Boston, Lisbon, and Paris. The combined solution will power open collaboration and content exchange between suppliers and retailers, resulting in superior product experiences everywhere consumers shop.
We're looking to reinforce the Services Team by adding a Business Solutions Director, who will manage a team of 3 Senior Business Consultants in charge of leading our deployment efforts directly with our clients.
More specifically, you will:
- Deploy our solutions for our client (retailers and manufacturers) and participate to projects of implementation
- Lead analysis to define the set up of the implementation
- Identify, understand and challenge business procedures according to our clients needs
- Lead, manage and coordinate inter-functional teams: Products and development, Client's IT and Business team, sales... to define the project strategy, planning and management of the necessary resources (capacity planning)
- Configure the Alkemics platform according our the appropriate needs
- Educate and train customers to change management to support their digital transformation
- Help presales team to build appropriate proposal in change management and define the appropriate offer