Bitmovin provides API based software that powers the world's largest OTT online video providers with video developer tools, built by industry experts. Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
Bitmovin is looking for a Junior iOS Software Engineer to join our Player Mobile SDKs team. We’re building the Swift/Objective-C-based player library powering apps on iOS and tvOS.
As a Junior iOS Software Engineer you will
- Develop high-quality, reusable and scalable code that will be used by Bitmovin’s enterprise customers like Periscope, Red Bull Media House, Technicolor, Pro7, RTL, Irdeto, Zattoo, etc. and by millions of users worldwide
- Be involved in all stages of development, from product ideation through architecture and execution
- Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve issues
- Drive quality and stability by writing unit, functional and performance tests
- Ensure quality by leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- Build & strengthen your software development skills, and learn about and dive into technology standards, industry trends, and emerging technologies
It would be great if you have
- Solid communication skills in English in both written and spoken form
- Basic programming experience (preferably in Swift or Objective-C)
- Passion for solving challenging problems in a clean way instead of just “making the code work”
- Well-organized with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-awareness and a growth mindset
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to pick up new technologies and frameworks quickly
It would be even better if you have
- First experience with agile software development
- Basic understanding of software architecture, design patterns, Git and GitHub, and automated testing
- Experience with framework/library development
- Worked on first pet projects using - ideally - Swift or Objective-C and would like to share them with us
You don’t have experience with all the points above? Don’t worry, we will support you with learning, training and coaching on the job.
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Choose your own hardware
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including discovery+, fuboTV, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now! Apply now
Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired.