We are looking for a smart, dynamic HR generalist, with some junior previous experience, to join our People Operations team in Kyiv.
You will play a critical role in the People Ops team with specific focus on making sure our day to day people processes and systems run like clockwork. We are a strongly people-driven organisation and you will get exposure to many different aspects of the business and have the opportunity to assist on a number of People and Workplace projects.
You will report to our Senior HR Manager in Kyiv, and work closely with the rest of the People Team in Kyiv and our teams across London and New York. Ideally, you have some experience working in a generalist People operations role.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and organised HR generalist who is looking to grow their HR career and develop their experience in an exciting, value-add role with real responsbility.
What you will be doing
- Supporting the full cycle of employee activites within LoveCrafts Ukraine (80 employees). You'll be the go to first line person for people related questions so all our Makers feel supported.
- Onboarding/offboarding our Ukrainian colleagues to provide the best employee experience.
- Supporting the end-to-end recruitment of non-tech roles (i.e. intro meeting with a hiring manager, posting job ad, conducting HR interviews, administering further interview stages, preparing a job offer).
- Managing our employee benefits (healthcare, birthday/anniversary gifts, etc.): being the go-to source of knowledge for staff.
- Prepare all HR legal administration (employment contracts, applications, orders, vacations, promotions, salary changes, taxes, sick leaves, mat leaves, resignations, etc.) according to UA labor law. Maintain service agreement tracker.
- Being a super-user of our HR system (PeopleHR). Keeping it updated and conducting regular checks to make sure information is in tip top shape.
- You will schedule, coordinate and monitor our internal workshops, engagement and wellbeing activities and social events for the Kyiv office.
- Note taking and assistance with ER issues.
- Keep up to date with legislation and be a guardian of Ukranian company policies ensuring Health & Safety, Fire Safety and office procedures.
- Work on a wide variety of exciting People and Workplace projects as they arise
Who you are
- You have a confident, bright personality – we’re a dynamic working environment and you’ll need to be able to create and maintain great relationships across the business to get things done
- You’ve been working in an entry-level junior HR Generalist role
- You will have an eye for detail and high standards when it comes to your work and importantly, you feel very confident with numbers and you have a keen interest in payroll.
- You have a keen interest in recruitment
- Knowledge of Excel and Google-suite and a quick learner with new systems and processes (we use Asana, Slack, PeopleHR etc)
- You’re flexible and keen to get involved with an “all hands on deck” mentality
- Some experience of, or appetite for, crafting is always a benefit!
What we’re offering
- The opportunity to join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven people who will support you at every stage of your journey
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Benefits package (medical insurance, psychological assistance, English classes, gym coverage, additional vacation days)
- Official employment
- Central Kyiv office location
- Remote work for the quarantine period
- Working environment that values excellence
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. We've graduated from the Future Fifty were 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (Skyscanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Diversity is important at LoveCrafts. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our customers and their needs. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We aim to create a modern, flexible work environment that supports everyone to do their best work and therefore, we are open to having conversations about flexible working for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have equal opportunity to grow and attain their full potential.