We’re looking for an experienced data professional to develop the technology behind our brand-new strategy in data. We’re using Data Warehouse principles and technologies to build workflows from production sources through to business-facing data models, to support company wide BI and analytics.
You’ll define the standard of our technical work, have the freedom to design and build as you see fit, and leverage your understanding of the space to deploy the right tools at the right cost to pipeline data into our Redshift cluster, where we manage it with DBT.
You’ll be pivotal to our central goal of providing excellent, clean, complete, accurate, reliable and fast data in one source for use in Business Intelligence and, in time, machine learning applications. Working in our Enterprise Systems team, we’ll support each business team to own and define their domain analytics data, and then return it to them in quality production workloads.
You’ll join a small team working in an exciting space, supported to deliver a culture and technology shift, managing short-term priorities against our long-term goal of establishing data as an asset of enormous strategic value.
Who you are
- A passionate data enthusiast with a record in building quality data products
- A self-starter and great communicator, able to see both the big and the small to find the best opportunities in our data, and push for them to happen
- A kind person who values a friendly working environment, who builds relationships, supports others and shares knowledge
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced business and overcoming challenges associated with complex business needs, multiple stakeholders and a dynamic, changeable environment
- You share our ambition to create world-class data products
- Obsession for automation
- SQL as second-nature
- Some knowledge of Python and APIs for data processing
- Proven knowledge of best approaches and practices to building robust data pipelines
Desired but not required
- Commercial experience or experience in business analytics
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience with Redshift, DBT and AWS services
- Design and build scalable real-time and batch data pipelines into our Redshift data warehouse
- Leverage the full capabilities of AWS, DBT and the market of data pipeline products to transform varied and disparate data sources into performant, resilient, accurate and understandable datasets, and provide them to Business Intelligence and onward data products
- Support data users in business teams to define their ideal reporting tables, and transform their definition into our scope of work
- Define our standards and best practices for our data platform, in data pipelines, SQL models and testing
- Manage the orchestration of our batch processes and data infrastructure, with an eye for minimal complexity, latency and cost
- Collaborate with our Product engineers to design and build pipelines of raw data from production systems, ready for our analytics workloads
- Support a collaborative approach to the data platform with the business, enabling SQL analysts in business teams to understand and enrich our products
- Support prioritisation of activities
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Great benefits including Options over shares, pension plan, private healthcare, health cash plan and some other great perks!
- 25 holiday days pro rata + a day off for your birthday.
- Smart colleagues and supportive team- you will join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey
- Working environment that values excellence
- Central London Location, although working remotely through the COVID pandemic and will continue with a hybrid-remote approach post pandemic
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (SkyScanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Diversity is important at LoveCrafts. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our customers and their needs. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We aim to create a modern, flexible work environment that supports everyone to do their best work and therefore, we are open to having conversations about flexible working for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have equal opportunity to grow and attain their full potential.