We are at the start of an initiative to transform our Developer Centre into a best in class resource that makes it easy for a broad audience to discover, learn about and use our award winning platform. We need help to overhaul our entire site, creating rich content and a “wow factor” experience that removes the complexity common in our industry and enables customers using our products to quickly build and launch solutions to their specific payments challenges.
This is a great opportunity to join us at the start of the journey where you will have a huge influence and the autonomy to focus on not only the content but the broader user experience too.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- Four years old, we have offices in London, Edinburgh and Dublin
- We have processed over 70m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Shortlisted for ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
The key tasks of your role will include:
- Take ownership of our Developer Centre, including the creation of our technical content strategy (working alongside Product, Engineering and Brand)
- Establish the supporting guidelines, standards (style, tone of voice etc) and the processes required to successfully deliver against the content strategy
- Collaborate frequently with teams across the business to create concise, engaging content and visuals that enables a broad audience to achieve their goals and get the most out of our products. Content is predominantly our API & Developer Guides but includes our Web application (Portal), tutorials and release notes too. The Technical Writer will also be involved in ensuring the best possible brand experience for developers for each new product launch
- Keep our content up-to-date and promote continuous improvement, obtaining and acting on feedback, user research and analytics
About You: To join us as a Product Technical Writer, you’ll need:
- Experienced in structuring and writing engaging content for predominantly technical audiences such as Developers and Solution Architects
- Able to create simple diagrams and visuals to convey technical information
- Experienced in using and documenting RESTful APIs
- Able to develop a deep understanding of our products and platform and subsequently explain complex topics clearly, accurately and effectively
- Strong stakeholder management skills (influencing others, building relationships, communication styles)
- A customer centric approach that challenges us to do better and strive for the best outcome for the customer
- Experienced in working within an agile environment and collaborating with software development teams using frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban
- Software development or web development experience
- Familiar with OpenAPI and Swagger Specifications
- Brand skillsets such as UX copywriting
- Banking, Payments or Fintech experience
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working