This is a rare opportunity to shape our platform as we grow quickly. Our plan is to double our technology team over the next few months and we’re looking for smart, motivated people to join us in our mission to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. You will be working within a tight-knit, high-quality team, with the experience to succeed in a fascinating and relevant market, to deliver new functionality – adding services for clients and helping the business to scale.
Joining Modulr’s agile team as a Scrum Master, you’ll work together with product managers, developers and other members of our technology team to facilitate the delivery of a best-in-class product to our customers. You’ll help facilitate agile ceremonies across two scrum teams, clear obstacles while working with the team on continuous process improvements and establish strong working relationships with the development and product teams. You’ll know you’ve been successful if there is a noticeable impact on the delivery and effectiveness of the team, agile processes have been embedded and you’ve enabled the team to deliver top quality products.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- Five years old, Modulr has offices in London, Edinburgh, Dublin and Amsterdam.
- We have processed over 80m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Most recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
- You’re passionate about Agile methodology while balancing this with business constraints and needs.
- You’re comfortable working in a scaling business, where time is critical, and things change on a regular basis.
- You enjoy positively challenging the way things are done and want to join a business that is focused on constantly improving.
- Feedback driven, you’re an excellent listener and communicator with a coaching style when delivering feedback.
- You’re eager to improve the way the team and business works and are driven by the desire to make the team achieve the best results possible.
- You’re analytical and can quickly understand problems while building the conditions for a team to solve them.
- You care about the quality and integrity of the outputs from the team and want to work with people who care.
- You can find the right balance of speed and accuracy when prioritising and take responsibility for seeing things through to a high standard.
- You aim to help people work smarter not harder and enjoy enabling change.
Skills and experience we’re interested in
- Experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Project Manager in a start-up or scale-up software business where you’ve delivered processes to enable success
- Demonstratable experience of enabling change
- Experience working with JIRA or similar
- Experience working with confluence or similar wiki based software
In addition to a market leading salary we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working