The core mission of the Accounts Payable Assistant is to help with the procurement and supplier payment process. You will also be responsible for assisting with the credit card reconciliation process, employee expenses system, expense submission process, credit card process and support the wider finance function, as required, in order to minimise the administrative burden on the team.
As one of the UK’s fastest growing FinTech businesses, Modulr was ranked 2nd in the Dun & Bradstreet's Accelerate50 of the fastest growing UK technology companies. Modulr has scaled and matured to the point that requires an exceptional and performance driven in-house finance function.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- Five years old, Modulr has offices in London, Edinburgh, Dublin and Amsterdam.
- We have processed over 80m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Most recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
The key tasks of your role will include:
- Manage the group procurement process
- Process supplier invoices in Sage
- Manage the supplier accounts email account
- Assist with payables queries both internally and externally
- Prepare fortnightly supplier payment runs, ensuring that correct approvals have been obtained
- Ensure cash flow is updated each week
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Create new suppliers accounts using the processes and procedures in place
- Monitor discount opportunities; resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; issue stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Monitoring staff expenses process:
○ Providing the Banking Administrator with details of expense payments to be processed
○ Being to point of contact for all expenses enquiries within the organisation
- Assist with month end close
- Provide Supporting documentation for audits
- Develop and maintain process documents for each process the role is responsible for
- Continual process improvement
About You: To join us as a Junior Accounts Payable Assistant you’ll need:
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and sharing your ideas about how we can improve.
- An excellent communicator, you can translate complex processes into plain English.
- You’re comfortable working in an early stage business, where time is critical, and things change frequently.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever’s required to achieve the goals of the team and wider business.
- You have an inquisitive mind and proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution.
- Good attention to detail
- You’re structured and organised, able to handle the competing pressures of immediate tasks and alongside longer-term projects.
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offers highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working