Modulr, the payments platform for businesses, is scaling rapidly and growing its marketing team.
We’re looking for a Marketing Designer to help build our expressive brand strategy. The Marketing Designer will sit within the marketing team and report to the Head of Content & PR, but will work closely with the Product Design team.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- Five years old, Modulr has offices in London, Edinburgh, Dublin and Amsterdam.
- We have processed over 80m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Most recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
The key tasks of your role will include:
- Generating creative assets such as email design, landing page graphics and banners
- Ideating and developing visual content campaigns alongside the content leads
- Steer in the stylistic and artistic tone of the company brand and palette with the Content Product Design pod
- Development and guardianship of the brand guidelines
- Creating designs to apply the brand to elegant internal and external swag (t-shirts, stickers, socks etc)
- Ideate fun brand moments
- Developing designs for a variety of digital channels that bring our brand to life, such as: social media messaging, one pagers, banners, online forms, email templates and landing pages for all campaigns.
- Contributing to the design and UX of the Modulr website
- Creating marketing material, including conference stand graphics, print adverts, brochures etc.
- Liaising with suppliers and printers on the production of such items.
This role is ideal for someone who:
- Wants to work in the transformative fintech industry
- Wants to work for a fast-paced scale-up that’s breaking new ground
- Wants to grow their brand and design experience
- Wants space to freely experiment with fresh ‘big bet’ ideas
- Strives for efficiency in every process
- Is a cheerleader and proud of the work they do
- Has the confidence to be a self-starter to give a project direction but is also happy to work collaboratively with other teams.
About You: To join us as a Designer, you’ll need:
- You want to look at the overall makeup of an exciting fintech brand and say “I helped create that”.
- You’re able to understand, translate and communicate visual brand strategy from concept to finished asset.
- You have a strong design aesthetic and are passionate about executing your vision.
- You have 3+ years of experience as an established Designer, ready to hit the ground running.
- You will have proven experience with Adobe Creative Cloud apps. In particular, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Sketch.
- You can put yourself in the customer’s shoes and have some knowledge of UI and UX design
- You’re able to balance multiple projects and meet deadlines with attention to detail
- You can express the rationale behind your work and are happy to take on feedback from reviews with stakeholders.
- You have strong organizational and scheduling skills and like to work as a ‘mini agency’
- Video editing skills (Premiere pro, After Effects or similar)
- Previous work at a tech, FinTech, financial services or SaaS business
- Animation and illustration experience
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offers highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working