This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly scaling payments business and be instrumental in accelerating our growth. Working across Product and the broader business, focusing on three core areas; growth of business revenue by helping find product/market fit, owning and optimising Modulr products and coordinating product discovery, design and launch processes.
The Card Issuing Product Group wants to become the most comprehensive issuing platform for our clients and their end customers. We want to offer market leading capabilities across major card schemes, backed by easy-to-use APIs and a robust self-service platform, so that our clients can focus on what truly matters, delivering a seamless and secure customer experience. We have issued more than a quarter of a million virtual and physical cards and processed over £100 million in card payments till date; and we are only getting started.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- Five years old, Modulr has offices in London, Edinburgh, Dublin and Amsterdam.
- We have processed over 80m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Most recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
The key tasks of your role will include:
- Take ownership over specific Modulr Products and manage them through their entire lifecycle
- As the champion of the customer, work directly with customers and our market development teams to understand, assess, and specify new market requirements and how the Modulr integration partners, the Modulr platform and API components can be positioned to address them
- Collaborate with sales and customer success teams to build and compile best in class solution designs and pitches for strategic opportunities
- Manage the roadmap for your products, ensuring key stakeholders (customer, sales, technology, legal, payment operations, etc) have provided input into the roadmap and that key requirements are accounted for. Carry out frequent reviews of the roadmap and optimise delivery sequencing
- Together with the Tech Lead, work with your multi-disciplinary squad to define and drive the features and capabilities backlog
- Coordinate product launches, providing key stakeholders such as Product Marketing, Payment Operations and Sales with the documentation and training they need to make the product a commercial success
- Continuously measure the success of your products, and drive improvements based on data-driven insights
- Act as the subject matter expert in your product area, and present plans and insights to the wider audience at Modulr as well as with customers
About You: To join us as a Product manager, you will need to:
- At least two years’ experience in a Product Management role, with a minimum of 5 years’ total professional experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, and a track-record of using data to make decisions, and get a buzz out of solving problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills. You communicate clearly and effectively, while tailoring your approach to your audience, which will range from individuals across the business to presenting at the Modulr Leadership Team
- You focused on outcomes, with a strong bias for execution. You are comfortable “showing” rather than “telling” your team on how to get things done
- You thrive in a rapidly changing environment and are excited about taking ownership of new and existing products and setting out the best way to deliver them in a rapidly changing market
- You are equally comfortable talking to clients and prospects, distilling their requirements for internal teams, and supporting technical product delivery activities
- You are comfortable with holding hypotheses loosely until they have been validated. You are not afraid to change tack based on data
- You are excited about leading and working with high-performance teams, pitching in where your inputs will have the most impact and equally comfortable to step back or contribute
- You are structured and organised, able to handle the competing long-term demands of strategic initiatives and urgent short-term tasks
- Ideally from a fintech, start-up or payments background
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offers highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working