We’re on a mission to give the whole world access to incredible experiences. What do people value the most from their trip to a new destination? It’s probably not the flight they took, nor the hotel they stayed in. People value experiences––visiting the Colosseum Underground, seeing the Vatican Museums, or taking a delicious street food tour of Rome. These experiences help people connect with their destination’s history and culture, creating memories that last a lifetime.
Our product, which helps people discover, book, and enjoy incredible travel experiences, is an essential tool for anyone visiting the world’s top destinations.
About our UX team
We are a multi-disciplinary team of Product Designers, Content Designers, and UX Researchers that are passionate about solving customer problems along the travel journey in an effective and delightful way. We combine empathy, our craft, and creativity to create valuable, usable, and delightful product experiences.
Our work is guided by strong principles that make our experience focus on value and feel simple, trustworthy, human, and unique. We collaborate with Product and Engineering to ensure those principles are front and center in the features we develop.
About the role
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer for our Traveler UX team, which owns our design system, Compass, as well as global components spanning the entire customer journey. This is a highly impactful role that requires a strong eye for design consistency, usability, and technical detail. Our ideal candidate can see GetYourGuide beyond what it is today, champion the voice of our users, and bring our joyful travel brand to life across our product. Working with other members of our UX team, you’ll collaborate on wider initiatives, give each other feedback about work, and shape our emerging design system, tooling, and culture.
- Be a thought partner to your product manager, building the product strategy and roadmap together.
- Work with UX Researchers on ways to inform and evaluate product decisions. Leverage both qualitative and quantitative insights in your decision making.
- Partner with engineers to ensure feasibility and extensibility of new design system components and features.
- Run design exploration activities to help your team navigate ambiguous problem spaces.
- Design and test high-quality deliverables across web, native apps, and other surfaces.
- Develop a strong, customer-focused point of view on our product and where it’s headed. Advocate for customer needs and your vision in a collaborative way.
- Mentor other designers; give constructive feedback to strengthen your peers’ decision making skills and quality of work.
- Align stakeholders to collaborate across teams, build excitement for your vision, and increase design system adoption across engineering and UX.
- 6+ years experience with end-to-end product design
- Fluent in English
- Strong systems thinker, with experience turning UI decisions into scalable design patterns across platforms
- Strong visual design skills across platforms; able to break down our brand identity into UI design patterns
- Experience working closely within cross-disciplinary product teams; strong communication and collaboration skills
- Able to clearly communicate design ideas, decision rationale, and product vision
- Proactive and comfortable working autonomously
- Problem-oriented mindset, focusing on outcomes (not output)
- Sharp understanding of how UX impacts business objectives and KPIs
Reasons to join us:
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Relocation assistance with a great team to support your move to Berlin
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation
- Private pension scheme
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards and extra discount
- Discounted fitness and German classes
Are you interested to share our values and add to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application. Apply now