As a Backend Engineer in Zurich’s FinTech team, you will be working with other engineers and our product manager on the backend that powers some of the most critical functionalities of our marketplace, such as checkout, inbound and outbound payments, e-mail processing, currency conversion, fraud detection and more.
The mission of the FinTech team is to provide a seamless checkout and payment experience to our customers. As a backend engineer in the team, you will be working on the backend services and APIs that power the checkout experience - from the point where a product is added to a shopping cart to the confirmation of the booking and beyond. You will be part of the evolution of our financial platform to ensure correct, timely and cost-effective processing of payments and communication. Moreover, you will contribute to the foundations that allow us to support new business concepts from an accounting perspective, and to ensure the protection of personal data. Your tasks will range from adding new features over defining and making architectural evolution happen to monitoring and stability improvements. In this position, you get to work with leading FinTech industry partners such as payment service providers.
- Design and develop scalable travel e-commerce systems that are used by millions of customers
- Work in a cross-functional mission team with engineers, product managers, designers and data specialists
- Iterate fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and iterating on A/B experiments
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
- Product- and data-centric prioritization and decision-making. You have experience in defining and tracking data to facilitate decisions, for example by means of A/B testing.
- You’re a positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft, and you enjoy sharing your knowledge.
- A background in the design and implementation of scalable service-oriented architectures and a good understanding of design patterns. Experience in migrating a monolithic application to a services-oriented architecture is a plus.
- You are proficient with Java or PHP. You will be working with both languages, with occasional trips to the Node.js realm.
- Basic SQL know-how is a must, deeper experience is a plus.
- Experience on how to operate at scale and a cloud DevOps / infrastructure mindset (Kubernetes)
- A passion for delivering clean and well-tested code, and a habit to continuously learn about new tools, languages, and practices that facilitate development and improve quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others
- Smart, engaged co-workers with an influential engineering culture - take a look at our team video
- Speak English in the office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget
- Well-stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation assistance
We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background are vital to creating a great product and a great workplace.
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision, and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position, contact us via [email protected]
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide, and take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn trips into amazing experiences! Apply now