As an Associate Backend Engineer in Zurich’s FinTech team, you will be working with other engineers and our product manager on the backend that powers some of the most critical functionalities of our marketplace, such as checkout, inbound and outbound payments, e-mail processing, currency conversion, fraud detection and more.
The mission of the FinTech team is to provide a seamless checkout and payment experience to our customers. As an associate backend engineer in the team, you will be working on the backend services and APIs that power the checkout experience - from the point where a product is added to a shopping cart to the confirmation of the booking and beyond. You will be part of the evolution of our financial platform to ensure correct, timely and cost-effective processing of payments and communication. Moreover, you will contribute to the foundations that allow us to support new business concepts from an accounting perspective, and to ensure the protection of personal data. You will join an established team of experienced engineers that will help you grow into your new role in no time. Your tasks will range from adding new features over defining and making architectural evolution happen to monitoring and stability improvements. In this position, you get to work with leading FinTech industry partners such as payment service providers.
- Design and develop scalable travel e-commerce systems that are used by millions of customers
- Work in a cross-functional mission team with engineers, product managers, designers and data specialists
- Iterate fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and iterating on A/B experiments
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
- You’re a positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- Curious, with a growth mindset and able to learn quickly with the support from senior engineers in the team
- Product- and data-centric prioritization and decision-making
- Coding skills. The language you have used in the past is secondary. You will be working mainly with Java and PHP, with occasional trips to Node.js - so being familiar with one or more of these helps
- Know about software testing concepts and have a mindset of delivering robust solutions
- Know database concepts, different database types and also have used some of them in the past
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others
- Smart, engaged co-workers with an influential engineering culture - take a look at our team video
- Speak English in the office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget
- Well-stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation assistance
We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background are vital to creating a great product and a great workplace.
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision, and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position, contact us via [email protected]
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide, and take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn trips into amazing experiences! Apply now