You will be reporting into the Head of People and will be responsible for advising our 40+ managers across the business, covering sales, warehouse and commercial operations. The People Support team is an efficient and client-focused team of four. The wider team includes L&D, Workplaces and Talent Attraction. We have almost 250 people across the UK, France, Portugal and USA.
We work using AgileHR and will help to develop your career in the people function, you’ll have mentorship from the Head of People and the Chief People Officer.
We are very open to different types of flexible working for this role, please ask us at the interview. You will be expected to go into the head office near Old Street twice a week as that is where the majority of the team are based.
A start date before the end of November 2021 is preferable for this role
- Provide advice to sales, marketing, warehouse and commercial operations managers
- Coach managers through employee relations cases and provide guidance for managing performance
- Implement people products and services that drive organisational health & development
- Providing advice and guidance to managers with varying levels of people management experience (teams of 10+)
- Lead proactive workforce planning for your business partners in their areas, joining the dots between attraction, selection, promotion and attrition, and future skill needs
- CIPD level 5 or 7 employment law certificate
- At least 2 years experience working with employee relations case loads (In US & UK)
- Familiarity with complex employee relations processes
- Proven track record delivering at least 2 strategic projects in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with AgileHR methodology (desirable)
- Level 5 Diploma in HRM OR SHRM-CP (desirable)
- Knowledge of designing and interpreting people analytics to support the business
Our Benefits and Perks - (many from day one!):
- Vitality at Work
- Denplan + Eyecare Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Staff discounts
- Enhanced Parent Program + Parental Leave
- The Inclusive Threads DE&I Program
- 25 Days Holiday
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible working
Want to help build the future of luxury fashion commerce? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Threads is a creative, luxury fashion personal shopping and commerce business. Through social and chat-based media, we inspire our international client base to discover the rarest luxury items. We then search the globe to procure them for our clients; this is the future of retail.
Threads is in Tech City’s Future Fifty programme which recognises some of the UK’s fastest growing businesses, pioneering the best luxury shopping experience in the world!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are a Disability Confident Employer, and have committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We are working towards improved employment practices to ensure those with disabilities receive full and fair consideration for all types of vacancies as well as for training, career development and promotion. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities.