Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 80 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
As Senior Staff Technical Program Manager, you will contribute to the development of our products by leading our engineering programs. You will be responsible for managing various high impact projects, planning requirements, identifying needed resources, uncovering risks and working closely with all stakeholders to ensure that the project milestones you have set are met on time.
You will work closely with highly technical teams who develop, test, maintain and improve our products and therefore this role requires a strong technical background and proven understanding of technical dependencies. Therefore, you will report directly to our VP of Engineering. In addition, you will often work with non-technical stakeholders to ensure teams are on track, this would mean that you are an excellent communicator and know how to make an impact. Since this is a new area of expertise for WeTransfer, you will help lay the foundations for the Technical Program Manager discipline.
To be a successful Senior Staff Technical Program Manager at WeTransfer, you have strong leadership skills and extensive experience in technical program management within a fast-paced environment. You will be able to combine your business knowledge with technology expertise and be comfortable influencing both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
What you'll be doing
- Handle all aspects of our engineering programs, defining milestones, success criteria and ensuring that resources are in place.
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical and ensure that you communicate timelines and status quo to stakeholders.
- Provide technical expertise to our product development teams, coordinate the development of new technologies with our engineers and ensure timely delivery. Identify technical problems and find solutions to problems when they occur.
- Instruct best practices for engineering and documentation, ensure designs meet requirements and deliver quality work.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, technology management, business management, or similar
- 7-10 years of experience in technical program and lifecycle management with the ability to deal with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A strategic mindset and the ability to focus on the bigger picture
- A thorough knowledge of software development, including design patterns, data structures and test driven development
- Ability to evaluate product performance metrics and to diagnose and resolve problems
- A track record of delivering software on time with the ability to enforce deadlines and make tough decisions
- Mastery with standard project management procedures and tools
- Up-to-date knowledge on the developments in the field
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.