Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 80 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
The WeTransfer user base is comprised of some of the most creative minds on the internet. It’s no wonder they are so discerning when it comes to the content they choose to consume. As our resident storyteller, the Director of Content Marketing will be responsible for developing WeTransfer’s brand and product narrative and delivering it in a way that feels fresh, relevant, and inspiring to our creative community.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of how to tell compelling stories across digital platforms, product touch points, and owned channels. In short, you know what type of content resonates with whom, and where.
In this role, you’ll partner with our Brand, Product and CSR leads to develop an overarching content strategy that positions WeTransfer as a leader in the creative space. You’ll translate this strategy into a clear and concise content calendar that channel managers can execute against. The desired result is content that delivers on key business objectives such as growing site traffic, increasing product adoption and engagement, and driving awareness of WeTransfer.
Whar you will be doing:
- Craft a long-term vision for content at WeTransfer that leverages WeTransfer’s brand, product, and CSR stories as best-in-class differentiators for our company.
- Translate your strategy and content pillars into quarterly content briefs for channel leads that support business objectives and key product launches.
- Oversee content development across core digital channels (including blog, brand websites, social, and email) to ensure consistency and cohesion in messaging, for a true omni-channel approach.
- Partner with the Sr. Director of Digital Marketing to determine the correct level of amplification for different messages across digital channels.
- Partner with the Director of Product Marketing to align the content strategy to key milestones on the product roadmap.
- Develop and keep current a content calendar / messaging matrix, ensuring all stakeholders have insight into what messages are running on what channels at any given time.
- Leverage data and reporting to set goals, test, measure, and continually refine the content strategy for different business objectives (such as search rankings, site traffic, content engagement, product engagement, leads generated, and revenue)
- Keep the team up to speed on the latest content trends and industry best practices; helping to build up WeTransfer’s content marketing muscle across all platforms.
What you bring to the table:
- 8+ years experience as a content marketer (or brand manager with content focus), ideally in tech or subscription business
- A proven track record of driving growth year-over-year via content strategy
- Content creation and/or production experience; must provide tangible examples
- Experience developing briefs for creative (copy + design) and channel-focused teams
- Experience running/ overseeing SEO programs
- Experience developing materials and presenting them to senior leadership teams
- Ability to translate complex communication into clear, concise direction for a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to manage complex work streams, balance priorities, and deliver impact through clear actionable plans
- Discerning of quality/standout content
- Passion for creative, out-of-the box communications strategies balanced with strong critical thinking and analysis skills to measure your impact
- A keen sense of what content builds strong relationships with users throughout every stage of the funnel
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.