An exciting opportunity to join a world class engineering team bringing category defining products to market. You will have gained experience in fitness and/or consumer electronics and be able to demonstrate your ability to assist in the transition from design to industrialization of electromechanical hardware. You will be working with our manufacturing team and liaising between local suppliers (China/Taiwan/Hong Kong) and our London head office.
What you’ll do
● Work with design engineering to assist in transition of design into cost efficient, high volume products at defined quality level.
● Develop DFx strategy for new products in collaboration with Mechanical and Electrical design engineering groups.
● Coordinate with Mechanical and Electrical design engineering groups to achieve DFx closure prior to design freeze and tooling kickoff.
● Support prototyping activities, including ownership of proto/soft tools release and execution of prototype test plans to trigger design decisions.
● Work with Zwift Manufacturing team and suppliers to ensure prompt and clear feedback during regular technical teleconferences.
● Join part trial shots and factory builds to provide guidance to achieve part qualification.
● Support in developing product test plans to perform production test according to
EVT/DVT/PVT and serial production instructions.
● Drive product and component testing per plan, provide regular status updates to extended team members.
● Administer efficient first release products for submission for certification.
● Monitor operations of product and evaluate designs and ensure adherence to all design and manufacture principles.
● Analyze and recommend corrective action on design failure items due to process or quality issues.
● Support Manufacturing team on production ramp up activities as required.
● Owns product sustaining and cost down activities as required.
What you’ll have:
● Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
● Track record of working in the manufacture of fitness hardware or consumer electronics.
● Experience of working autonomously & in ambiguous environments.
● Good design knowledge in plastic injection molding, casting, forging, stamping parts, and metal welding process.
● Ability to develop DFX strategies for new products.
● Ability to develop product test plans and drive DVT testing execution.
● Able to analyze and identify design improvements to improve production processes.
● Good understanding of quality tools, process capability, concept of DOE.
● Strong in problem solving skills.
● Working knowledge of 3D CAD.
● Good understanding of project management practices.
● Excellent communication skills, proficient in English to business level.
● Able to work alone and as part of a team.
● Experience working in a start-up/scale up
● Experience with design for automation
● Experience working with remote HQ
● Experience and/or passion for fitness hardware
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.