We are looking for a number of Software Engineers to join our rapidly expanding technology team. You will be part of a scaling business in a high-quality team that is working on new products and features while solving interesting technical challenges.
In this role you will work in a cross-functional co-located team who are asked to solve a problem, rather than handed a task to do. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high-growth environment with a fast-paced and collaborative culture where you will have access to the latest technologies.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK.
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020.
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet.
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures.
- Five years old, Modulr has offices in London, Edinburgh, Dublin and Amsterdam.
- We have processed over 80m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Most recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
About You: To join us as a Software Engineer you’ll need:
Problem solving, collaboration and knowledge sharing skills are essential. It is important to us that you enjoy communicating in a clear and concise manner and can self-organise. You will consider yourself as someone who adapts positively to changing circumstances, is trusted to deliver, open to learning and is self-aware and self-motivated.
- Server-side Java, ideally Java 11.
- Java related Open Source technologies, such as Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience of micro-services using SpringBoot or similar.
- Open source RDBMS technologies such as PostgreSQL.
- Strong understanding of OOP and design patterns.
- Experience of building a high-performance services-based platform.
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offers highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits.
- 34 days holiday.
- Training allowance.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Flexible working.