As IT Support Engineer in the IT Support Team team you’ll be reporting into the Head of IT. As the IT Support Engineer you will provide front-line primary technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software and peripherals. You will be responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to SLA. You will also perform root cause analysis, develop checklists for typical problems and recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention. You will be supporting multiple platforms including servers, desktops, laptops (MacOS), networking, telephony, mobile devices and video conferencing equipment. You will also get future opportunities to provide 2nd and 3rd line support.
We are super proud of our culture, our infrastructure and the amazing service we provide for our clients; they love what we do and we love doing it!
We are looking for an IT Support Engineer that is passionate, has excellent problem solving skills and a positive mindset and can do attitude that loves working in an agile, fast-paced adult environment, but at the same time keen to follow process and policies. You will enjoy working for a close knit, dynamic and forward thinking organisation.
We are very open to all types of flexible working, please ask us at the interview stage.
- Process support escalations from London office and support calls from remote colleagues
- Work with colleagues to determine the nature of any problems they encounter
- Investigate, diagnose and solve software and hardware faults
- Create new users, login profile and permissions to on board
- Installing and configuring hardware, software, systems, networks
- Assist in the preparation and management of effective standard operating procedures and train other members of staff accordingly.
Want to help build the future of luxury fashion commerce? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Threads is a creative, luxury fashion personal shopping and commerce business. Through social and chat-based media, we inspire our international client base to discover the rarest luxury items. We then search the globe to procure them for our clients; this is the future of retail.
Threads is in Tech City’s Future Fifty programme which recognises some of the UK’s fastest growing businesses, pioneering the best luxury shopping experience in the world!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Equity in selection practices
We do practise equity in selection because we want to provide underrepresented groups with access to opportunities, and us, access to great people We ask candidates to share their demographic data in the application so that we can prioritise under represented groups in the first part of our selection process to provide an equitable funnel. All candidate offers are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If we have two candidates at the final stage, we choose the best candidate for the job.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology
- Effectively manages competing demands
- Excellent technical skills
- Mac OS experience as we are 95% this
- LAN / WAN / Wi-Fi / DNS / DHCP concepts
- Familiarity with IT process and policies
Our Benefits and Perks - (many from day one!):
- Vitality at Work + Private Medical Insurance plans
- Denplan + Eyecare Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Staff discounts
- Enhanced Parent Program + Parental Leave
- The Inclusive Threads DE&I Program
- 25 Days Holiday
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible working