Zwift is looking for a Technical Program Manager to be the Team Steward / Program Manager focused on our data architecture and platforms and insights. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the Data Platform engineering teams working on Application Development, Process Improvements, and Maintenance. These teams will implement, upgrade, enhance, and maintain all core data platforms for data capture, ingestion, reporting and analysis at Zwift. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Programs, you will work closely with the Engineering Manager, Sr. Director of Data & Insights, VP of Data Platform Engineering, and the functional teams (Analytics & Insights, BI & Reporting, Data Science, Research) to ensure that Zwift’s Data Platforms are successfully delivering the solutions that meet our business’s ever-changing needs.
What you’ll do:
- Perform a Technical Program Management role for a team of data engineers and scientists, which will perform application development and maintenance of all data platform systems.
- Run daily/weekly ceremonies with the technical cross-functional teams.
- Ensure teams are working together within the established engineering scrum practices.
- Understand the evolving Zwift Data Platform and help drive the teams to successfully executing upon this Architecture vision.
- Interact with Global Program Managers, Product Managers, Business Stakeholders, and other TPMs to ensure that the cross-functional teams’ backlog of activities are properly prioritized and groomed.
- Work closely with third-party implementation partner(s) to track and manage issues, risks, schedule, scope, and communications implementation and ongoing execution associated with Zwift’s Data Platform(s).
- Be a trusted leader for the development team(s) and a trusted partner for Engineering Leadership
- Be an active participant in all design, development, testing, and roll-out decision making processes for the Data Platform team.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or relevant management area.
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Project Management.
- Proven expertise in agile and lean development process across multiple teams
- Experience in global business.
- Expert in technical project management tools and processes (e.g., Jira, Confluence, Rally, SmartSheets).
- Experience serving as a technical project manager in a remote/distributed working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement.
- Certified in SAFe and/or PMI-ACP and/or SCRUM.org.
- Experience with SmartSheets Project Management tool(s).
- Experience with Atlassian Project Management tool(s)
- Exposure to advanced product and program management techniques like User Story Mapping, Journey Mapping, and Design Thinking.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.