At Huel we believe our customers deserve the best products and we want to give them a first class experience every time they have a Huel product. We are proud to be supplying our Hueligans with real food that contains the highest quality ingredients, sourced in the most ethical manner. With this in mind, it is really important to us that we only work with suppliers and manufacturing partners who share the same values and goals as we do.
With our growth in the US continuing to go from strength to strength, we are now looking for an enthusiastic Senior Technical Manager to help us maintain the safety and quality standards of our Powders, Bars and Ready to Drink products. This is the first role of its kind for us within Technical in the US, which will be supported by our large UK Technical team - it is a real opportunity to establish and grow your own team within an energetic and passionate brand.
Working very closely with our US and global manufacturing base, you will ensure that all sites operate above the local safety and quality standards and adopt a culture of continuous improvement, reducing our risk of any serious product incidents and ensuring our customers always receive a great product. You will champion product perfection both onsite with suppliers and at Huel HQ. The role ideally will be based out of Utah, but will have requirements to travel to Idaho, California and New York periodically (where our US HQ is based).
If this sounds like it could be you, then you read on!
What you will be doing
- Day-to-day you will be the key technical contact for safety, legality and quality of our US products.
- You will quickly identify any potential product issues and will use your strong relationships with suppliers to put in speedy and effective resolutions and develop action plans with suppliers to maintain safety and quality standards and support continuous improvement.
- You will be supporting on technical aspects in relation to supplier selection and you will relentlessly seek opportunities to improve and will drive implementation with our suppliers.
- Provide technical support for internal teams including product development and quality. You will be heavily involved in product development and upscaling and be able to use your technical and processing knowledge to highlight any potential safety or quality issues in the early stages of development.
- Carrying out supplier and product risk assessments is crucial. You will determine, prioritise and implement actions against hazards caused by allergens, micro/hygiene and otherwise
- You will work closely with suppliers to establish KPIs and measure supplier conformance. You will carry out and support with supplier audits and ensure that suppliers implement actions against any non conformances.
- Attend factory trials and first productions to establish production parameters and ensure product quality and consistency. You will be responsible for auditing and setting up any new co-manufacturing sites within the US, protecting the safety and quality of the brand, at all times.
- You will identify opportunities for improvement, such as US sensory and product quality opportunities, and set up local testing within the US for micro, allergens & chemical.
- Support/develop, implement and embed internal safety and quality processes and procedures where required, working above local requirements and supporting the global Technical strategy and agenda to drive improvement and future vision.
- It’s crucial that you also align and work collaboratively with the wider business/teams to deliver the business objectives.
What we are looking for
- First and foremost, Experience working in various food manufacturing sectors will help, and having a strong understanding of food legislation in the US.
- Good auditing skills are key, and good negotiating and influencing skills.
- A food science or related degree is preferred, with experience in risk assessments.
- As we mentioned, we’re growing exceptionally fast, so you will have to have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be personable and have strong relationship building skills.
- You will be happy to travel internationally.
What we can offer you
We work hard at Huel, and we like to reward our team for it, so alongside free Huel to keep you going, you can expect;
- Private healthcare and 401K, for your own peace of mind
- ‘Huel Learn’ - our commitment to bettering your career alongside first-class on the job training
- Like going to the gym? No problem, we contribute towards your gym membership and we will give you your own nutrition plan to help you achieve those goals.
- Flexible working with options to suit your day and your routine
- Quarterly events to celebrate success, and even the opportunity to bring your dog into the office too! Did we mention we love animals?
- Remote status